Machine Operator Jobs, Engineering Jobs, NFT Consult Jobs
Location: Athi River, Kenya
Area of work: Engineering
Reporting to: Production Manager
Ideal Start Date: 1st November 2019
Our client is a leading multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer and the world’s leading provider of healthcare solutions today. They specialize in different product groups ranging from Dialysis, Surgical instrumentation, Clinical Nutrition, Stoma Care, Infection Prevention, Anesthesia and Intensive Care products among others. They recently acquired a plant in Kenya and are seeking to fill the position of a Machine Operator.
Monitor and operate the production machines to ensure product quality is maintained.
Operate and keep Material handling and preparation section machines/equipment in clean condition
- Operate and monitor all systems in an efficient manner ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation and the codes of practice.
- Logging accurate incidents/events via the electronic daily log.
- Deal effectively & efficiently with emergencies;
- Ensure that the duty shift is run smoothly.
- Report equipment failure to maximize operation of the system.
- Report all events and actions taken in a clear, legible and accurate written format.
- Ensure completion of daily reporting documents.
- Consistently update own technical knowledge.
- Carry out operations in as directed by the production manager;
- Continuous monitoring and physical check of machines and the production line.
- Ensure machine cleanliness and all floors are free from trip hazards.
- Ensure continuous and smooth feed of materials in order to attain shift targets set by company.
- Ensure good material utilization to minimize wastage and cost of production.
- Report any production anomaly or machine malfunction to the engineering team for further action to be taken.
- Ensure high moral standards and a team player
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of other workers.
- Ensure proper use of PPEs
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production Option) or Electrical Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role in a busy food or pharmaceutical manufacturing company will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience working with BFS & FFS Machines will be an added advantage
- Zero undetected process deviation.
- Zero accidents in section/department
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a wide range of people.
- Be prepared to work with minimum supervision or part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and with shifts as may be required from time to time
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Applicants can upload their CVs and application letters onto the website www.nftconsult.com as well as view the detailed Job description.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 15th October 2019.
Note that only applications in MS Word or PDF will be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.