Transport Officer Job, Current Logistics Kenyan Jobs,
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coordinate the ordering of new vehicles;
- Manage motor-vehicle file registry and maintain motor-vehicle fleet register
- Supervise drivers in their day-to-day duties;
- Allocate vehicles and duties to drivers;
- Supervise vehicle cleanliness and safety.
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Supervise drivers for transport and other services.
- Generating reports for transport management Raise requisitions for transport administration, insurance and maintenance of vehicles.
- Compile bills for transport and electricity and ensure making bill settlement on time
- Ensure effecting filling of documents and records management
- Ensure aspects of motor vehicle safety in compliance with GOK regulation.
- Ensure enforcement of the laid down traffic rules and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure compliance on usage of daily Motor Vehicle work tickets by adherence to the operations, duty schedules, among
- other requirements.
- Enforce company Operating Instructions as outlined in the company policies.
- ix. Dispatching, scheduling, and routing for assignment allocation of the company motor vehicles and file associated
- Ensure relevant competency to boost deliverables for the section staff by proposing the right training for the team.
- Ensure implementation of existing contracts and cost control.
- Prepare monthly reports on drivers’ utilization, incidences, and challenges.
- Liaising with relevant legal entities and service providers to acquire new motor vehicles, and documentation such as
- Insurance, Authority to work beyond official hours, work tickets, Inspection stickers, Road licences and safety gadgets
- (speed limiters and Tracking devices).
- Executing company business on matters Motor Vehicles Via the National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) online portal.
- Coordination of the new Company Motor Vehicle and number plate Registration.
- Prepare maintenance / repair schedules for vehicles;
- Ensure all vehicles are kept in good condition;
- Analyze work-tickets and ensure compliance;
- Receive and compile motor vehicle statistics for management use;
- Manage motor-vehicle file registry and maintain motor-vehicle fleet register;
- Coordinate the ordering of new vehicles;
- Vehicle insurance and licensing.
- Application of Company colour change – To authorize LVNWWDA corporate branding.
- Coordinate the application of change of particulars, Engine in case such need arises – this apply to authorized vendor
- Coordinate transfer of motor vehicle ownership in the Company/Staff Car scheme.
- Coordinate transfer of ownership Application whenever motor vehicles have been disposed or auctioned.
- Coordinate the change of Reflective number plate of the project handed over motor vehicles.
- Coordination in the Replacement of motor vehicle number plates if they are Lost or Damaged.
- Coordination of the applications for new logbook. Tracking of company registered motor vehicle logbooks to ensure
- issuance and safe custody by company secretary office and Duplicate logbook application in case of loss.
- Coordination and launching of the online accidents report on company/staff motor vehicles.
- Coordination in the application of Speed Governor Certification and installation.
- Financial Responsibility:
- Handle petty cash.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Decision Making / Job Influence
- Make decisions using standard operating procedures.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Working Conditions:
- 90% Office setting, 10% fieldwork
- Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and mechanical engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Four (4) years’ work experience.
- Functional Skills/Behavioural Competencies/Attributes:
- Proficiency in ICT;
- Strategic thinking;
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Managerial skills and ability to lead teams;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Team player;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can obtain specific job requirements from the LVNWWDA Website ( http://www.lvnwwda.go.ke ). If you possess the requirements for above positions, please submit your application letter with detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, tax compliance , HELB clearance, CRB clearance and Certificate of Good conduct indicating both day and evening telephone numbers.
The applications to reach the undersigned on or before 15th March,2022 by close of business. Application to be addressed to;
Chief Executive Officer
Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency
Kenfinco Hse, off Kakamega/Kisumu Road
P.o Box 673–50100 Kakamega
Email: [email protected]
Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity without sacrificing merit, people living with disability and Women are encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.