Internal Audit Manager Job, Audit Job Vacancies in Kenya,
Responsible for providing independent objective assurance on the effectiveness of the Agency’s, Risk Management, Internal Controls and Governance processes to support the achievement of its mandate and strategic objectives.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Plan and organize audit officers for various audit assignments and providing reports relevant for informed decision making
- Coordinate and allocate work to staff in the division to ensure targets are met and that time is properly utilized.
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual staff training and development programmes
- Coordinate the physical inspection of infrastructure to ensure they meet the required operational & technical specifications and standards.
- Oversee the audit of all engineering contracts, projects, operations and maintenance activities to ensure the Agency realizes value for money
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual department reports
- Performing consulting and advisory services related to governance, risk management and control as appropriate for the Agency.
- Evaluating risk exposure relating to achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Oversee the maintenance of certified ISO standards.
- Give an assurance as to whether the integrated management system conforms to the requirements of the International Standards
- Coordinate external audits (ISO) with certification body (KEBs)
- Lead the audit teams in the implementation of annual risk based audit plans
- Mentor and coach of staff
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Review audit reports prepared by staff in the division to ensure all the requisite audit areas are covered and details captured
- Participate in adhoc policy formulation committees for quality assurance
- Participate in the investigation of significant suspected fraudulent activities within the Agency and notify management and the audit committee of the results.
- Review audit findings with audit teams, the auditees, appraising and evaluating sufficiency of management comments and actions
- Assess compliance with existing laws, regulations, policies, plans and procedures, accounting standards and contractual obligations
- Discuss the audit findings with the departmental managers and follow–up audits to determine whether appropriate action has been taken on areas audited.
- Develop and implementing the use of innovative approaches in performing independent assessment of systems, controls and efficiencies guided by professional standards.
- Evaluating the reliability and integrity of information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Evaluating the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations, which could have a significant impact on the organization.
- Evaluating the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets.
- Evaluating operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Participate in external audit exercises for the Agency;
- Review audit tests and procedures prepared by the audit team to determine the effectiveness and efficiency in implementation of projects and engineering/technical services.
- Ensure that audit files and records are properly maintained and managed by the audit officers
- Provide input in the development of strategies, policies and procedures to ensure objectives are met as planned and actions are properly guided in reaching decision
- Follow up implementation of Internal and external audit recommendation and Board of Directors resolutions and report status to Chief Manager Internal Audit
- Provide input in the preparation of risk based audit work plan and Budget
- Offer alternate secretarial services to the Governance &Audit Committee of the Board
- Report on the performance of the integrated management system and opportunities for improvement in particular top management and Governance &Audit Committee of the Board.
- Review and plan for ISO internal audits and management reviews
- Follow–up to ensure non–conformities are effectively addressed during ISO audits
- Financial Responsibility
- Administers an annual budget of Kshs 50 million.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Computer and Office equipment
- Decision Making / Job Influence
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Stakeholder coordination
- Plans the work of subordinates.
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance.
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates’ performance.
- Working Conditions
- Works within the office and travels to project sites (50% office, 50% fieldwork)
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: –Commerce (Accounting option); Commerce (Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:–Business Administration (Finance); Business Administration (Accounting); Master of Science in Finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution. Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination; Certified
- Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Be a Certified Information System Auditors (C.I.S.A) from a recognized institution
- Be Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
- Be a Certified Internal Auditor (C.I.A) from Institute of Internal Auditors;
- Have Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Six (6) years relevant working experience, with at least three (3) years at supervisory level
- Knowledge on Internal Audit Standards and Code of Ethics
- Knowledge on Risk Management
- Knowledge in project management
- Functional Skills, Behavioural Competencies/Attributes:
- Proficiency in ICT;
- Ability to identify, set and achieve objectives and goals;
- Ability to implement change management strategies;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present complex reports at a senior management level;
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Integrity and professionalism;
- Social and Emotional Intelligence;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can obtain specific job requirements from the LVNWWDA Website ( http://www.lvnwwda.go.ke ). If you possess the requirements for above positions, please submit your application letter with detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, tax compliance , HELB clearance, CRB clearance and Certificate of Good conduct indicating both day and evening telephone numbers.
The applications to reach the undersigned on or before 15th March,2022 by close of business. Application to be addressed to;
Chief Executive Officer
Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency
Kenfinco Hse, off Kakamega/Kisumu Road
P.o Box 673–50100 Kakamega
Email: [email protected]
Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity without sacrificing merit, people living with disability and Women are encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.