Corporate Communications Manager Job, Latest Communications Jobs Kenya,
The division is responsible for the management of the overall Corporate Communications function of the Agency including building a brand for the Agency, consolidating and communicating the Agency’s messages to the public, manage stakeholder relations, undertake activities , implement the Agency’s corporate social responsibility policy programs , external and internal communication strategies to ensure that unified, consistent and positive messages define and promote the corporate identity and mission
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and oversee implementation of the Agency’s communication strategy and policies.
- Image and relationship management – establish and implement strategies for building and maintaining positive image and relationships with the various segments of the Agency’s Stakeholders and public.
- Plan, co–ordinate and manage public and corporate events to ensure high visibility of the Agency’s brand;
- Develop, produce and manage information, education and communication (IEC) materials including newsletters,
- brochures, flier, fact sheets, reports and other printed materials designed for the general public.
- Develop, manage and oversee implementation of corporate social responsibility programs and activities.
- Manage the Agency’s website
- Manage digital communication and social media presence;
- Develop and manage of Crisis Communication Strategies and plans.
- Mainstream media management: – media liaisons, relations, placements, monitoring and research.
- Develop and maintain effective communication networks with the various stakeholder groups.
- Manage public queries, complaints and complements on the Agency
- Develop and oversee implementation of Access to Information policy
- Perform communications research and monitor the progress of various communication strategies
- Develop effective communication procedures and policies for various situations and crises
- Manage media enquiry
- Manage complains from stakeholders and feedback on inquiries
- Manage risks within the division
- Ensure ISO standards (QMS EMS. ISMS) are understood internalised and implemented by staff in the division
- Financial Responsibility
- Administer an annual communications budget of KES 50 Million.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Computer office equipment, camera, communication materials.
- Decision Making / Job Influence
- Both Managerial and Operational decisions
- Working Conditions
- Office setting and fieldwork (60% office, 40% fieldwork)
- Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Management course lasting not less four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Six (6) years of work experience, three (3) of which should have been in supervisory role
Functional Skills and Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Proficiency in ICT;
- Ability to identify, set and achieve objectives and goals;
- Ability to implement change management strategies;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present complex reports at a senior management level;
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Integrity and professionalism;
- Social and Emotional Intelligence;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can obtain specific job requirements from the LVNWWDA Website ( http://www.lvnwwda.go.ke ). If you possess the requirements for above positions, please submit your application letter with detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, tax compliance , HELB clearance, CRB clearance and Certificate of Good conduct indicating both day and evening telephone numbers.
The applications to reach the undersigned on or before 15th March,2022 by close of business. Application to be addressed to;
Chief Executive Officer
Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency
Kenfinco Hse, off Kakamega/Kisumu Road
P.o Box 673–50100 Kakamega
Email: [email protected]
Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity without sacrificing merit, people living with disability and Women are encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.