Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations.
Finn Church Aid Kenya is looking for a
Procurement & Logistics Officer – 1 Position
Duty Station: Nairobi
Reports to: Finance Manager
The incumbent will be responsible for the timely Procurement and delivery of quality goods and services and manage logistics at competitive prices. He/She will be accountable for providing support to ongoing activities with procurement and logistics services and contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement management. He/She will ensure compliance with FCA rules and regulations alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules.
Tasks and Duties
- Support supplier registration and filing of all related documentation in the department.
- Collect and update data entry of procurement related tasks and ensure all details are up to date at all times.
- Support and follow up with suppliers and finance department to ensure timely payment of suppliers on a weekly basis/Timely basis.
- Track the outstanding payments to suppliers and notify the FM on a weekly/monthly basis, update suppliers accordingly where necessary.
- Consolidate monthly procurement reports and submit it to Procurement Committee and FM by every 5th of each month.
- Document and file all procurement data in accordance with FCA’s Procurement Manual and policy for archiving.
- Provide support in managing Inventory & Stock Management and ensure rules and regulations are followed.
- Update procurement tracking system for submission to Finance Manager (FM) on a regular basis.
- Maintaining and updating approved vendor database,with a sufficiently wide range of Contractors to provide adequate competitive bids.
- Assists in Drafting of the Procurement Plans, based on information obtained from program and finance units,in liaison with the Procurement committee & FM.
- Source the required supplies/services/works that meets the specifications and budget available, through Submission of Request for Quotations for supplies (RFQs), Request for Proposals for services (RFPs) and assisting in issuance of Tender Dossiers,as reviewed and approved by the FM and Procurement Committee respectively..
- Assists in drafting of tender dossiers for issuance to tenderers, in liaison with the FM.
- Ensures all quotations and bids are timely and properly received.
- Assists in preparation of bid documentation for the Procurement Committee to evaluate.
- Assists in arranging for inspections of supplies, when necessary.
- Issue Purchase Orders and Contracts, as approved by the Procurement Committee.
- Track Requisition Requests and Purchase Orders by serial numbers by use of the PR tracker.
- Receives and reviews delivery documents submitted by the Receptionist/Admin Assistant following receipt of deliveries.
- Assists in the Coordination of payments to Suppliers through the Finance department.
- Any other duty assigned by FM
- Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain/Procurement, Logistics Management, Business Administration from a recognized Institution.
- Familiar with UN,EU or USAID procurement/reporting processes
- At least 3 years of relevant experience from a reputable INGO or Institution, previous experience in humanitarian organization will be an added advantage.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Excellent knowledge on both software (word processor, spreadsheet, Windows and hardware (network cards, memory upgrades.
- Good management, communication, teamwork, capacity building and report writing
- Ability to work independently when necessary, set realistic goals, and work within agreed timelines
- Other tasks as may be requested by the supervisor.
How to Apply
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com stating the vacancy job title in the subject line
Deadline for receiving applications is 10th November 2020
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualifications