Logistics Engineer Job, Latest Logistics Jobs, Engineering Jobs 2021,
About the role
The Inbound Customer Success (ICS) team seeks to scale the quantity of feedstock collected while achieving the target weighted average cost per ton and operating overheads.
The incumbent’s role will be to optimize the value of the organic waste management for both Sanergy and its organic waste clients
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with ICS Operations Engineer to ensure waste containment vessels and trucks schedule are in sync to ensure on time and in full service to our clients and the Production team
- Develop and share with fleet team daily trucks’ schedule & drivers shift plan with respect to the agreed collection schedule and collection window with Sanergy’s organic waste clients
- Monitor, through the fleet coordinator, hour by hour trucks’ itinerary to ensure 100% adherence to the schedule above and customer service
- Plan ahead and work closely with Procurement to ensure that Procurement Orders for outsourced services are ready and issued before the service commences
- Accurately track and analyse key daily, weekly, and monthly logistics metrics – (Fuel consumption, Labor utilization, Maintenance, Coverage costs, etc) with respect to the agreed budget with Finance
- Ensure execution of Fleet AMs and PMs are done as per established schedule
- Reduce fleet breakdown maintenance by improving maintenance predictability and planning
- Reconcile daily, weekly and monthly unit costs in a Plan v Actual format with respect to the budget
- Lead in the development, resolution, and implementation of unit’s level short term corrective and preventive action
- Maintain and update a rolling 4 week plan for your unit staffing, consumables, tools & equipment, maintenance, and any other as required by your manager to achieve the outputs required for the period within the budget
- Develop SMART daily operation schedules, Leader Standardized Work sheets that will be executed by the unit Supervisors and Crew Leads
- Monitor day to day resource utilization to ensure that all operations are run within the budget allocated
- Hold regular performance review sessions with your reports using the performance management tools developed with your manager
- Implement professional development plans for your team developed with your manager
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Manufacturing,etc)
- At least 2 – 3 years relevant experience in maintenance & logistics operations is highly desired.
- Ability to make swift, calculated & informed decisions/adjustments in the event of unforeseen blocks in the execution of daily operations.
- Proficient in MS Excel and excellent data analysis skills
- Hands on, organizational and problem solving skills
- Integrity and humility
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application & resume before 15th January 2021. Candidates should also clearly indicate their available start dates including notice period.