Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
General Summary and Background
The purpose of the Afya Ugavi Activity under the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management project is to address the supply chain and health commodity systems strengthening needs of the family health, malaria and HIV∕ AIDS programs within Kenya. This is directed through technical assistance (TA) at both national and county level. The task order supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) Department of Family Health (DFH), National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), and the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP).
During activity implementation, a lot of effort has been directed at harmonizing commodity reporting systems and improving commodity visibility at all levels. This assignment builds on the efforts to strengthen national systems for commodity data reporting from various sources, to support decision-making at all levels. The development tasks contained herein shall help to further these efforts.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
· Development of software applications and tools, data reporting and analytics, systems integration and interoperability
Scope of Work
· Development, implementation and support of existing and new mission critical information systems that are highly scalable, serve multiple concurrent users for data entry and query, without performance degradation.
· Create interfaces for and automate processes for data collection from Excel-based tools and upload the data to required platforms.
· Develop web-based as well as mobile-device based applications to be used for data collection, reporting and analytics
· Manage and maintain a database backend for storage and retrieval of data based on Microsoft Azure, PostgreSQL and other database platforms
· Perform standard and adhoc analysis and abstraction of data in order to generate required outputs.
· Create linkages to other systems through APIs to Export and Import reports and data outputs. Expected integration to be done would include integration to DHIS2, KEMSA LMIS, SysPro, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint in defined formats
· Provide System security through access controls and role-based assignment based on a user’s access profile.
· Provide custom interfaces searching, grouping and filtering of information by commodity, facility, sub county, county and other specified categories
· Embed notification and messaging features within the application for purposes of notification alerts to various users that are using the tool for purposes of collaboration.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant ICT field required.
· Experienced in the use of software development tools and in the development of mobile (Android and iOS) web applications including
· Demonstrated work done on mobile device-based data collection tools (e.g. ODK)
· Competent in application development using Java and Python programming languages
· Experience in database management systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
· Development experience with DHIS2
· Experience working with SysPro ERP an added advantage
· Demonstrated full-stack developers (able to work with both the front and back ends of a website or application tackling projects that involve databases & building user-facing websites)
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
· Strong technical skills and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
· Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
· Written and spoken fluency in English required
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya with intermittent local travel
The LMIS Technical Officer will report to the LMIS Technical Advisor.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter