Internal Communications Consultant Job, Communications Jobs April 2021
Title: Internal Communications Consultant
Job Location: Nairobi
You are a pioneer and problem solver. You are a strategic thinker who diagnoses barriers to employee engagement and creates solutions that drive a strong and connected culture while cultivating change in a complex environment. You have a positive attitude, sense of humor and thrive at maximizing organizational cultures to ensure each employee feels valued and celebrated.
In this role, you will help Living Goods build and promote a thriving organizational culture that engages staff at all levels; advances key diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives; and drives employee engagement by identifying and leading the development of effective communication messages, tools, and tactics. You will be a key member of a highly collaborative communications team and will also partner closely with our People & Culture team to ensure staff is informed and engaged around key developments and organizational initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a skilled storyteller, a natural cheerleader, and have strong interpersonal skills and a passion for creating experiences. S/he will also be well versed in digital communication platforms and tools that drive internal engagement. The role will build a strong culture of collaboration and create communications that regularly engage, connect and inspire our community of employees. This consultancy will initially be for a 6-month period, with the potential for extension.
- Design and execute an internal communication strategy and plan that drives employee engagement and helps build a vibrant culture of collaboration at Living Goods: Working closely with the Communications Director and her team, you will define a purposeful and creative approach that will promotes connectivity among staff across the organization, drives bottom-up communications, and enables clarity and consistency around change management. You will create new templates and tools Living Goods build and adapt over time and create or strengthen 3-4 internal communications initiatives during the initial consultancy.
- Maximize digital tools and virtual events to engage staff across the organization. As we have a decentralized structure with staff operating in different countries and time zones, we seek a digital strategist who will maximize communications vehicles and tactics that create connection, bottom-up opportunities for feedback and better clarity about organizational initiatives.
- Drive culture and positive energy: You will take ownership of helping to enhance company culture and making employees feel appreciated and celebrated and will work to execute key tactics intended to drive diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strengthen understanding of core organizational values.
- Break down siloes across teams. You will work cross-functionally across multiple teams—in close partnership with the People & Culture, Global Executive/Country Leadership teams—to ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders on a timely basis and through multiple channels.
- Strengthen our employer brand. You will champion staff engagement forums that amplify employee stories and experiences to drive improved internal branding and drive recruitment on our website, by inspiring applicants by the people who drive our work.
- Produce employee communications: Develop and author a variety of internal and executive communications including presentations, announcements, blogs to be delivered across a variety of communications channels.
- Strong expertise with digital communications tools such as Mailchimp and Workplace to drive engagement; basic formatting and design skills with the Adobe Creative Suite a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing content and campaigns for employee audiences.
- Proven track record of successfully managing medium-to-large scale employee projects, particularly around change management.
- You have a commitment to diversity and inclusion and experience working in a decentralized, matrixed structure.
- Strong messaging communications experience: You can write and tailor content for specific audiences that demonstrates a deep understanding of messaging, positioning and stakeholder needs.
- Organized and creative, you’re able to easily adapt and change directions quickly when needed and can resiliently work well in a challenging environment.
- Sense of humor and easygoing personality a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree (MA/MBA) preferred
- 6-8 years of professional experience with an emphasis on communications & employee engagement within a multinational environment or international non-profit.
How to apply
Click here to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.