Livestock Manager Job, Agricultural Jobs 2020,
Position: Livestock Manager
Our Client, in the farming industry is hiring a Livestock Manager.
Reporting to the Resident Director the Livestock manager is responsible for the company’s Livestock unit, planning and execution throughout the division, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the products vision and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The livestock managers’ job also includes ensuring that the livestock unit supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Define the livestock units strategy and roadmap
- Manage the company’s livestock division and all its employees
- Ration Formulation, silage preparation, feed mixing and distribution to different categories of animals and daily monitoring of feed intake
- Diseases detection and pre-control management in livestock by correct treatment measures, deworming, dipping etc
- Make sure all vaccines are done in a timely manner and all herd vaccine records safely and in a systematic order
- Breeding of both dairy and beef animals according to the company policy to reduce age at first calving in heifers and calving interval across the herd
- Increase milk productivity and overall quality of clean milk production
- Rearing of calves or replacement stock to ensure heifers are bred early and steers reach slaughter weight before two years and identification of animal to be sold and or culled
- Maintain proper genetic records for all the cattle on the farm and ensure all other herd records are maintained
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on herd performance, feed movement, production and sales
- Maintenance of facilities related to dairy production and care of the dairy herd
- Maintaining all equipment for milking and milk storage
- Designating good pastures and identifying areas to cut costs and reduce cost of production
- Plan and allocate feed using feed budgeting techniques to achieve production targets
- Drawing up budget plans and maintaining records of day-to-day operations.
- Manage the farm within consent conditions
- Responsible for all livestock staffs locating, training and supervision
- Supervise day-to-day activities, organise rosters and schedule tasks/activities that need to be undertaken
- Provide training/coaching to staff to enable them to competently carry out tasks required of them on farm
- Conduct an annual review of staff performance (at least once a year for all on-farm staff)
- Ensure that Health and Safety policies and procedures adhered to
- Ensure new staff are inducted and aware of company policies and are given role clarity.
- Develop, review and manage repairs and maintenance schedule for all plant, machinery and infrastructure
- Ensure effective management of all aspects of the milking process, including plant hygiene and maintain quality milk standards
- Develop and implement an annual nutrition management plan, cropping and regressing programme
- Manage all pastures, crop and fodder stands for the livestock department
- Promote a health and safety culture within the business
- Conduct any other task given to him by his director and general manager
How to apply
Kindly send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title as the subject and address it to the Consulting Partner not later than 23rd November, 2020.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.