Independent Review of Objections Assistant Manager Job, Latest Legal Jobs in Kenya,
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division: Tax Dispute Resolution Division
Section: Independent Review of Objections
Purpose of the job
- Providing leadership and guidance to the Supervisors in the team in the Independent Review of Objections, carrying out research and offering technical support in the review of objections, managing performance in the team and active participation in the dispute resolution process.
Tasks and outputs:
- Preparation of the Team’ work plan and budgets.
- Offering technical guidance on matters under dispute.
- Coordinate and manage staff in the team and monitor their performance.
- Engaging stakeholders during dispute resolution.
- Review of policies and law and making recommendations for amendments/ improvements.
- Supporting the Alternative Dispute Resolution function to ensure faster resolution of disputes.
- Oversee the general administration and monitoring compliance of the Team.
- Preparation of team reports and any ad hoc reports at the request of the manager
- Any other duty as allocated by the Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and exposure to all taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience in tax and/or customs administration.
- Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management and resolution.
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
A Masters Degree, CPA or ACCA and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Minimum years of experience
- 4 years’ experience in tax and or customs administration and 1 year at Supervisory Level in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Computer literate.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 30th September 2020.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
How To Apply