Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs March,
PRINCIPAL LEGAL OFFICER – ONE (1) POST- V/NO. 60 /2021
Gross Salary: Ksh. 185,534 – 290,597 p.m.
(Salary includes 60% basic pay and 40% allowances)
Annual leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover : As provided by the Commission.
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- served for a minimum period of four (4) years in the grade of Senior State Counsel, CSG 8 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service, the private sector or a law firm;
- a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal studies from the Kenya School of Law; and
- experience in handling litigation in court
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Drafting of legal opinions in line with the provisions of the constitution and legislations;
- Handle litigation on behalf of the Commission;
- Conducting preliminary research on policies and legislations that impact on the commission’s mandate to ensure compliance with the constitution;
- Handling routine correspondence on legal matters;
- Providing input in the development of policies and legislations to enable the Commission to effectively discharge its functions;
- Preparing preliminary legal instruments in relation to legal proceedings;
- Undertaking legal research and analysis on matters that impact on the commission and ensure compliance with the constitution as per the mandate of the commission;
- Liaising with the office of the attorney general and other external lawyers on litigation matters to ensure that justice is achieved for the commission;
- Drawing pleadings and responses for filing in court on behalf of the Commission; and
- Preparing of the Commission witnesses in court
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke Please Note:
- Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on 12th April 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.