Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Title: Legal Officer
REF NO: KNQA/NO. 17/2020
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 54,164 to 72,695 pm
Leave Entitlement: 30 days per financial year
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
- Bachelor of Law degree from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court;
- Hold a valid practicing certificate;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Assist in rendering professional legal advice to the Legal Manager for any legal action to be initiated and/or defending the interests of the Authority;
- Assist in preparing legal briefs for the initiation of legal action;
- Assist in administration and maintenance of ship register;
- Assist in issuance of license or certificates in terms of ship registration/licensing;
- Assist in preparing and interpreting legal opinions and offering guidance on legal requirements;
- Assist in review of reports submitted by the various departments relating to KNQA affairs;
- Assist and supervise training of Legal Clerks, interns and other staff when necessary;
- Maintain and ensure proper management of the records of the legal department are up to date and produce quarterly reports on the same;
- Assist in ensuring that key issues and needs of Authority are represented in policy fora in international regional and national conferences/meetings/workshops;
- Work collaboratively with other organizations and networks where appropriate, locally, regionally and internationally;
- Assist to prosecute for and represent the Authority in law courts and quasi-judicial tribunals;
- Preparation and filing of pleadings for and on behalf of the Authority;
- Assist in drafting and reviewing of legal instruments and policy documents on behalf of the Authority;
- Assist in advising on negotiations and taking part in commercial transactions;
- Assist in drafting of contracts and MOUs;
- Assist in engaging and liaising with stakeholders on behalf of the Authority;
- Assist in legal research and assignments;
- Assist by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities which may arise from time to time, relevant to the post. Initiating and progressing the enactment of the legislation proposed by the Authority through the AG’S chambers and Ministry of Transport;
- Assist in initiating and progressing the enactment of the legislation proposed by the Authority through the Attorney General’s chambers and the Ministry.
How to Apply
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available at: www.knqa.go.ke
If you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the above specified criteria for any of the above positions, submit (both electronically and hard copies) of your cover letter, together with copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your updated detailed Curriculum Vitae, including other things your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
Scan and send your application electronically as a one pdf attachment/document with ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line. The hard copies should be marked with ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ on top of the envelope.
- It is an offense to include false/incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification;
- KNQA is an equal employer therefore people with disabilities, the marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce the originals of their national ID/ passport, academic and professional certificates, transcripts, testimonials and current compliance certificates for the requirements of chapter six of the Kenyan constitution during interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications on or before 24th September, 2020 (at 5pm) both electronically through email@example.com and hard copies send to: –
The Director General
Kenya National Qualifications Authority
Uchumi House,6th Floor, Aga KhanWalk
P.O Box 72635-00200,