Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs In Kenya 2020,
- Conducting legal research and drawing up legal opinions on policy matters relating to the Authority
- Assisting in the development of by-laws/guidelines and ensuring their conformity with the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act (EMCA), 1999;
- Negotiating and drafting legal documents which include contractual agreements
- Representing the Authority in judicial and quasi-judicial proceedings
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution
- Current practicing certificate
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Three (3) years working experience in legal practice in the Public Service or Private Sector
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution
How to apply
For more information on the jobs and application procedure, please visit our on-line recruitment portal https://erp.nema.go.ke:8081/ and submit your application, Copies of academic certificates, testimonials and a detailed curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, current position/grade, expected salary and daytime telephone contact. Attachments should not exceed 10MB.
Hand delivered or posted applications, as appropriate, should be submitted to the address below;
The Director General
National Environment Management Authority
1st Floor, NEMA Headquarters
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 67839 – 00200
All applications should be received by 5 p.m. on Monday, 23rd November, 2020.
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to fulfill the requirement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya by submitting copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations during the interviews:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (certificate of Good Conduct); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
NEMA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.