Legal & Enforcement Director Job, Latest Legal Jobs in Kenya,
DIRECTOR, LEGAL AND ENFORCEMENT – ONE (1) POST – V/NO. 229/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh. 133,870 – Ksh. 197,800 p.m. (CSG 5)
House Allowance: Ksh.48, 000 – 60,000p.m (Depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.20, 000p.m
Leave Allowance: As existing in the Civil Service
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Permanent or Local Agreement
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- served for a minimum period of ten (10) years and currently serving at the grade of Senior Principal Legal and Enforcement Officer CSG 7 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service or private sector;
- a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Public policy and Administration, security, Law, Sociology, Anthropology or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Public policy and Administration, security, Law, Sociology, Anthropology or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- registered by a relevant and recognized professional body (where applicable); and
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial skills as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- working in collaboration with relevant stakeholders in developing and coordinating implementation of national built environment enforcement and compliance policies, strategies, procedures, programmes, guidelines and regulations;
- preparations of standard compliance and enforcement manuals and templates for use by relevant agencies;
- issuance of built environment compliant inspection certificate to owners;
- verifying authenticity of compliance certificates;
- working in collaboration with multi-sectoral agencies in enforcing remedial measures in built environment;
- working in consultation with relevant agencies to ensure landlords and developers adhere to standard guidelines and regulations governing built environment structures; and
- managing built environment electronic database.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Those who applied earlier need not re-apply. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 29th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)