Learning & Performance Development Specialist Job, HR Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position : Learning & Performance Development Specialist
Region : Nairobi
Reporting to: Talent Partner
Band : 3
Department : Human Resources
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
To support and enable the implementation of the policies and procedures that will ensure an effective talent management process in Telkom. Furthermore, this role will support and enable the implementation of the policies and procedures that will ensure an effective Learning & Performance Development process in Telkom.
This role will also assist to maintain and enhance the Telkom competency framework and facilitate the related assessments to determine skills gaps.
A critical success factor to this role is the ability to understand the business plans and align the skills development programs to the achievement of business results.
- Conduct Talent, Learning & Performance Development in a cost-effective manner
- Training and Development budget planning and cost management
- Delivery of the leadership development programs
- Integrate the Talent, Learning & Performance Development business plan with the HR value chain
- Enhance productivity through effective design and implementation of a talent management programs and system
- Continuously evaluate and monitor existing and new training programs to ensure continued relevance to the organization
- Reporting to management and other stakeholders to ensure effectiveness on the performance and capability building initiatives
- Manage the entire talent, learning & development end-to-end and ensure that fairness and objectivity prevail
- Manage compliance to policies and procedures and standard operating procedures
- Design and conduct relevant management training to understand capacity to manage talent
- Conduct needs analysis to determine the training needs of the business
- Conduct regular audits to ensure good corporate governance and to identify the risks in succession planning
- Actively network within the HR community to stay abreast of latest developments in performance Management and Capability Building.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Telecommunications Field, Human Resources or Business equivalent.
- Post-Graduate certification in HR
Here are the skills we are looking for
- Prior experience in a telecommunications environment
- Knowledge of Performance Management.
- Leading edge capability with up skilling technical teams
- Ability to measure and communicate the impact of learning initiatives
- Experience with curriculum development and training delivery.
- Significant experience in Training and Capability Building.
- In-depth understanding of Talent Management systems
- Ability to present soft skills programs
- Good grounding in competencies and skills assessments
- Knowledge of training providers and program standards
- Manage online learning & experiential activities using various Learning Management Systems.
- Ability to implement and deliver change initiatives through learning
- Vendor Management
How to Apply
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 9th November 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.