Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
The AECF is a non-profit organization, unlocking the potential of the private sector to positively impact the lives of rural and marginalized communities in Africa. With the vision to build ‘’A prosperous and Enterprising Rural Africa’’, AECF provides high-risk, small and growing businesses with patient, low-cost financing and advisory support services to pilot, refine and scale their operations and ideas.
Objectives of the Assignment
The AECF is growing and has identified learning and development as one of its primary objectives in the new year. To this end, we are seeking a consultant to carry out a training needs assessment and with the understanding of AECF’s strategic priorities, and using some initial insights from performance management, and previous training request, develop a comprehensive learning and development plan for the institution for the year 2021.
The consultant will partner with the internal Human Resource and Procurement teams through the process including the development of Terms of References where required for identified training areas, and identification of the service providers.
Scope of Work
We are seeking a partner to help us implement a comprehensive learning and development plan. The envisioned scope of work is as follows;
Major Deliverables and Milestones
Noting that flexible and adaptive support will be built into this work, the major deliverables envisioned are listed below:
Duration of the Contract
This assignment is expected to commence on 11th January 2021 and cover up to 31st March 2021.
The lead consultant will report to the Head of HR or a designate.
Qualifications and team profile
We anticipate that the individual consultant(s) or firm will possess the following skills and experience.
a) A post-graduate or equivalent qualification/ degree in or any other relevant discipline. ·
b) Excellent knowledge of learning and development management, training needs assessment, developing training curriculum, learning and development plan and overseeing implementation.
c) At least 7-10 years of prior work experience in the field of training, especially in the regional and international context.
d) Demonstrated experiences and skills in facilitating stakeholder/working group consultations and training on learning and development.
e) Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English.
f) Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and reporting skills.
g) Ability to adapt and work with people from different cultures, gender, religion, race, nationality and age.
h) Proven capacity to supervise and coordinate all administrative and technical aspects of the consultancy.
An evaluation committee will be formed by the AECF and shall include employees. All members will be bound by the same standards of confidentiality. The consultant should ensure that they fully respond to all criteria to be comprehensively evaluated.
The AECF may request and receive clarification from any consultant when evaluating a proposal. The evaluation committee may invite some or all of the consultants to appear before the committee to clarify their proposals. In such event, the evaluation committee may consider such clarifications in evaluating proposals.
In deciding the final selection of qualified bidder, the technical quality of the proposal will be given a weighting of 80% based on the evaluation criteria. Only the financial proposal of those bidders who qualify technically will be opened. The financial proposal will be allocated a weighting of 20% and the proposals will be ranked in terms of total points scored.
Key areas for Evaluation/ Assessment
· The relevance of the proposal to the objectives and priorities of the learning and development plan.
· Detailed methodology and approach in implementing the project.
· The relevance of the project to particular needs, understanding of the issues and problem analysis.
· Clarity of work plan and specific project activities.
· Demonstrated experience in training, strategic planning, organizational assessment and development plan for non-profit organizations and donor programs.
Capacity to deliver
· Demonstrate the capability and capacity to meet the requirements in terms of the specification.
· Detailed CV and Certification of the consultant.
Experience and expertise
· Previous relevant experience supported by the portfolio of work for a similar scale project.
· Proven experience of working with institutional donors, foundations and multilateral.
· Experience in supporting large international organizations develop and implement effective resource mobilization strategies and developing partnerships.
· Established intelligence and understanding of donor policies and preferences.
· Evidence of a minimum of three contactable references signed.
· Reality to market/value for money based on the assignment (inclusive of any applicable tax). **
Interested and qualified individual consultant(s) or firms are invited to submit their proposal(s) comprising of the following:
The AECF is obliged by the Kenyan tax authorities to withhold taxes on service contract fees as well as ensure VAT, is charged where applicable. Applicants are advised to ensure that they have a clear understanding of their tax position with regards to provisions of Kenya tax legislation when developing their proposals.
AECF reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter