Credit Controller main role is to ensure that the company debts are collected within the agreed timelines by implementing the set credit policies and procedures and ensure timely and accurate resolution of customer concerns and supporting sales team through timely provision of customer related information such as statements and credit notes.
Responsibilities for the Debt Collector Job
- Ensure adherence to credit policy and procedures and manage the credit control, management and debt collection processes to ensure that collections are done on time and in full.
- Ensure prompt and proper allocation of customers’ receipts.
- Ensure debtors’ balances are correctly stated and statements promptly sent out to customers.
- Prompt preparation of customer account reconciliations ensuring all variances are investigated and resolved.
- Mitigate the company against credit risk by selling only to the acceptable risk categories by effective evaluation of new customers.
- Timely preparation and posting of provision schedules to ensure the risk of doubtful debts is adequately provided for.
- Compute monthly customer discounts and post credit notes for the discounts issued to the customers on time.
- Ensure credit notes are timely posted and that customer account details are kept up to date.
- Update and implement credit control policies and procedures
- Ensure aged debtors are escalated to the legal department for action on time.
Debt Collector Job Qualifications
- A Degree in Business Administration or Finance or its equivalent
- CPAK, ACCA or its equivalent
- Men are encouraged to apply
- Conversant with Tally and other computer accounting packages
- At least 4 years experience in Credit Control
How to Apply
If qualified kindly send a copy of your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘Debt Collector’ on the subject line.