Director Job, County Government Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Public Service Board of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions;
Position: Director, Land, Survey and Geo-Informatics, Job Group CPSB 03 (1 post)
Basic Salary: Kshs. 121,430 x 6,070- 127,500 x 6,370- 133,870 x 6,570- 140,440 x 6,770- 147,210 x
6,960- 154,170 x 7,160- 161,330 x 7,810 – 169,140p.m
Terms of Service: Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The officer will report to the Chief Officer and will be responsible for all matters related to survey and land management. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership in the management and administration of the directorate;
- Preparation and implementation of strategic and annual work plans for the directorate;
- Preparation of budget and procurement plans;
- Coordination of preparation of a database for all public land in the county in collaboration with National Land Commission;
- Supervision of control, topographical, cadastral, engineering, re-establishment and general surveys;
- Supervision of work at the GIS Laboratory and digitization of land and survey projects;
- Management of staff in the directorate; and
- Identify and develop training needs for the Directorate
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya in any of the following disciplines; Land Surveying and Photogrammetry, Geomatics Engineering, Geospatial Engineering; Technology in Geomatics, Philosophy in Survey Technology;
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Have ten (10) years working experience, five (5) of which should have been at a Senior Management level in Land surveying and mapping or a related field;
- Be a Full Member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Program or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Geographical Information System; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
- Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill Chapter Six requirements of the constitution of Kenya, 2020 on integrity and leadership before appointment
Applicants should click on “Our Job Offers” Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the application form and submit ONLINE on or before 13th November, 2020 at 11.59.00 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY