Ward Administrator Jobs at Lamu County
REF: LCPSB/ADV/201 7/22
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
Requirements for the Ward Administrator Job
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Administration; Business Administration/ Management, Community Development or any other Social Science; plus a certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution OR
- Diploma in any of the following discipline:- Public Administration; Business. Administration/Management, Community Development or any other Social science; plus a Supervisory Management course or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Have experience of five (5) years in administrative/ Management in public/private sector;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to learn new skills; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Ward Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Overseeing effective service delivering in the area of jurisdiction;
- Developing programmes and projects to empower the community;
- Coordinating and facilitating citizen participation in the development of policies, plans and delivery of service;
- Facilitating inter- governmental relations and conflict resolutions;
- Overseeing safe custody of county government assets in the area of jurisdiction;
- Coordinating and liaising with other directorates and departments in the area of jurisdiction;
- Ensuring compliance with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure compliance national values and principles of good governance;
- Coordinating citizen participation in governance in the area of jurisdiction;
- Enhancing administrative capacity for effective functions and governance at the local level;
- Identifying development projects;
- Disseminating information to the public; and
- Providing linkage between the office and the community.
How to Apply
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates.
- Valid Clearance Certificate of Good Conduct, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Lamu County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 536-80500
- The applications should reach the County Public Service Board Office on or Before 8th December, 2017
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.