We are the first player in the market to provide a modern banking backoffice for credit unions as as well as a shared neobanking app for credit union members.
Kwara has grown into the market leader in number of SACCO clients in Kenya through increasingly effective outbound sales, and partnership with several early adopters of our cloud-based core banking system.
We need to grow the SaaS-part of the business to unlock weekly transacting users on our neobank app and double down on the most scalable ways to sustain a month over month growth rate. We can learn from SaaS best practices, but also require someone who has a deep understanding of the market and negotiation process
The mission is to lead and manage the Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) focused on the SMB segment and crack mid-sized sales so the company hits and exceeds annual recurring revenue (ARR) growth targets
The Sales Manager is in charge of ensuring signing of credit unions using the different sales channels, sets targets with the sales reps and ensures they are met, and takes P&L responsibility.
- Sales process has been reviewed and suggestions implemented
- Sales team meetings are revised, CRM is up and running and requirements for qualifying deals communicated
- Sales dashboard is live, with key metrics such as conversion rate, time to close, win/loss rate depicted per sales rep
- Sales effectiveness of sales team is measured monthly and does not go below 10% of targets, with additional 3 sales team members hired
- Partner and referral sales success accounts for 10% of monthly closed deals
- Sales plan to grow by 40% monthly has been written and started
- At least 80% of existing sales team hits 30% of quarterly targets
- Target and data-driven approachStrong communication skills
- Gravitas, knows how sales works
- Strong commercial mindset
- Well versed with sales tools, CRM and setting up processes
- Experience with credit union sector