Wine Making Assistant Job, Other Professions,
The job holder tends to the day-to-day Wine Making and Blending processes. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure Wine Making process is as efficient and safe as possible.
Job Functions Plant & Workshop
Industries Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector)
- Area 1: Blending and Wine Making Processes
- Under moderate supervision, performs basic, routine wine making and blending tasks including but not limited to: cleaning and sanitizing Cellar fittings, hoses, fixed process lines, tanks, pumps, filters and water processing equipment.
- Bulk product movements including racking –set up and transfer of wine, spirit and juice to and from tanks, drums and tanker trucks
- Blending of bulk for packaging in line with instructions provided and Making corrections to blended bulk wine, spirit and juice as guided
- Operate pumps, plate and frame filters, centrifuge, and water processing equipment.
- Participate and deliver on the Winery E2 & MDWT requirements
- Measure and calculate routine workplace data.
- Keep confidentiality on product related formulations and information
- Responsible for compliance with the requirements of SOPs, policies and corporate operational efficiency/environmental measures cascaded to this position. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible results
- Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard product/ personal safety, company property, environmental and team member’s safety
- Monitor Wine making Process, related equipment and report deviations as soon as they occur.
- Proper identification of product in tanks
- Filtration and subsequent blending of wine and RTD
- Retain necessary process documents for all tasks undertaken at different process steps
- Area 2: Reports
- Cleaning logs
- Works order input/ output reconciliation reports
- Machine operation logs
- Wine status and Process records
- Material Receipt Reports
- MDWT reports
- 5s reports
- Safety reports
- Area 3: Safety
- Work in line with the requirements of the Best Safety, Occupational, Health and Good Manufacturing
- Identify work place hazards for permanent removal
- A Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Industrial Chemistry or Related field
- At least one (1) years’ experience in a production setting in a similar organisation.
- Working technical knowledge in a Wine Making set up is an added advantage.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages.
- Prior experience in Wine Making is an added advantage
How to Apply
Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL) on kwal.jb.skillsmapafrica.com to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.