Current Accounting Jobs Kenya, Accountant Job,
Accountant (4 POSITIONS)
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Accountants will be responsible following; supports the branch in completing basic bookkeeping, clerical and accounting tasks including preparation of budgets, payments, preparing and assessing financial reports.
|Accountant ( AA)|
|Job Reference No.||AA/002/2022|
- Minimum C+ in KCSE or Equivalent
- Degree in Cooperatives Management or Business Related Field will be an added advantage
- At least three years’ accounting or audit work experience preferably in SACCOs/Banking/ Microfinance or Insurance.
- Demonstrable work experience with specific groups such as farmers and business community is compulsory.
The holder of the office of the Branch Accountant position must:
- Be of exemplary integrity and honesty
- Be empathetic to customer needs and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Accounting Practices – GAAPs/regulations/taxation and well informed about SACCO matters/knowledge of General Business Practices.
- Proficiency in Accounting Software.
- Ability to Prepare Financial Statements.
- Have excellent, analytical and report writing skills
- Be a team player and able to contribute in the team
- Be adaptable and willing to learn
- Be self-motivated
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all payments and receipts in the branch.
- Safe custody of accountable documents.
- Certify and supervise drawing of cheques and payment vouchers
- Ensure correct posting into member personal accounts.
- Ensure correct fees are charged in the member personal accounts
- Preparation of the branch financial reports and ensuring strong internal control system.
- Preparation of the branch budget and ensure budgetary control in the branch.
- Reconciliation of general ledger and members personal accounts.
- Serve all the customers with the diligence and effectiveness.
- Physical cash and store verification.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisors from time to time.
How To Apply
If interested, send online application following the two-step process below:
- Fill the form on this link https://forms.gle/BjyCNo5BmngbsWN27
- Upload Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and Cover letter to the email [email protected] on or before30th December, 2022.
N/B Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.