Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Assistant Actuary Job, Actuarial Science Jobs,
• Responsible for providing ongoing technical and analytical support. Reinsurance business
• Responsible for actuarial and risk analysis used to develop pricing for new and existing products in line with management’s and company’s objectives.
• Initiate, organize and manage Actuarial/ underwriting projects
• Gather and prepare analysis based on information tram internal and external soured.
• Utilize knowledge of mathematics. probability, statistics principles of finance and business to problems in insurance.
• Research on functional issues using a variety of resources Develop/ prepare reports and assist in development of new/revised policies/ guidelines.
• Interpret Government regulations and internal policies. participate in preparation of documentation related to government filings/licensing.
• Prepare recommendations based on data summaries, trend analysis, financial analysis and business analysis.
• Analyze data. construct probability tables to forecast risk and liability to assist in decision making.
• Ascertain premium rates and accurate cash revenues to assist in accurate decision making
• Participate 015010in cross – functional teams to develop fine/enhanced systems /processes /programs /poli-cies to support business needs.
• End to end reserving of several risk classes, Political, Property, Life, MBA etc
• Support quarterly reserve reviews_
• Perform quarterly reserve reviews.
• External stakeholder management (Regulators, Rating agencies, Auditors)
• Internal stakeholder management (claims finance, underwriting etc)
• Transfer of reserving models to IFRS 17.
• Preparation of board papers and follow up of Board directives.
• Other roles in pricing, capital calculation and special projects
• Applicants should possess a Bachelors degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or its equivalent. They should be holders of a minimum of 7 actuarial professional papers of IRA
• Applicants should have six (6) years’ experience,. In addition they should have excellent interpersonal and communication .116 good organization and management skill, advanced skills in mathematics and statistics. and should be team players and have strong leadership skill.
• Experience in busy actuarial office for atleast 2 years
• Membership of recognized professional actuarial body
• Passed non-life actuarial reserving specialist paper
• Experience in reinsurance, international reserving and in Prophet
• A post graduate diploma in actuarial science will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
• Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race,religion, natural origin. age or physical disability.
• An appropriate remuneration package will be offered for successful candidates.
• Applicants should indicate on the CP their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability.
• They should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. outlining how they meet requirements for the position to: –
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. 0 Box 30271. 00100 GPO
Email: [email protected]
Closing date: 1st February 2021
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter