User Interface (UI) /User Experience (UX) Designer Supervisor Job, Latest IT Job Vacancies in Kenya,
Department Corporate Support Services
Division Information and Communication Technology
Location /Work Station Nairobi, Times Tower
The job holder is responsible for;
- User Interface Design and User Experience Design
- Review of Application interfaces for usability improvement
- Development of new user interfaces for systems that automate business processes and maintenance of existing
- Providing continual UI/UX improvements to systems and supporting systems by ensuring that solutions designed to address business needs meet the required quality standards.
- Developing User Interfaces for new systems as per the Requests for Change(RFC’s) and in line with procedures and standards
- Coordinating with developers and UI designers
- Performing usability tests on applications
- Responsible for Hands-on design and delivery of UI/UX application design work
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Develop the information architecture of digital products
- Develops new systems to automate business processes in conformity with design artefacts contained in System Change Requests (SCRs)
- Conducts peer reviews and unit tests of developed solutions to guarantee quality before final submission to Quality Management
- Prepares documentation (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, roll back instructions, etc) to ensure that they meet set quality standards
- Ensures that solutions that have been developed are properly packaged and that all the components and requisite documentation are included in the package, for submission to Quality Management.
- Ensures that the approved coding standards are consistently applied in every solution developed.
- Participates in system demonstration, and ensures issues arising in demos are addressed.
- Addresses issues that arise during deployment of the newly developed solutions in the QA test environment.
- Resolves issues arising from QA tests, for solutions that do not pass QA standards and Information System Security policies.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- UI/UX training/Certification
- Systems Development i.e. Java Programming, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
- Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle-level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
Technical Skills Required:
The Job holder must:
Proven experience in User Experience (UX) design including
- Customer and competitor analysis
- User research on interacting with systems
- Information architecting
- Prototyping and wire-framing
- Testing and iterating
Proven experience in User Interface (UI) design including
- Visual design
- Colour, typography, and layouts
- Design research
- Interactivity and animation
- UI prototyping
Proven skills in Oracle development and database management tools
- Proficiency in Java programming language and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of structured programming and database design concepts
- Expert knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Dreamweaver, Microsoft.NET, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating system platforms
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of system design and modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of systems design and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, TraceCloud, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the following tools: process modelling (MS Visio, etc.), Project Management i.e. MS Project and Presentation i.e. MS PowerPoint
Relevant Work Experience
- Required Proven experience in User interface/User Experience design, development and implementation of enterprise business systems.
- Experience in design and development of systems for tax administration will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a UI/UX designer and software developer in a busy organization.
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have strong abilities to conduct research affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours within constraints.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 2nd December 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
How To Apply