Department: Domestic Taxes,
Division: Policy & Tax Advisory,
Location / Work Station: Times Tower – Head Office,
Commissioner Domestic Taxes
Chief Manager Quality Assurance
Chief Manager Legal & Budgetary Support
Chief Manager Technical Support
Chief Manager Disputes Management Support
Chief Manager Sector Management
Administer the relevant Tax Acts for assessment & exemptions procedures. Assist the Commissioner in management of the Department at the national level and through policy units at the Division or TSO level and ensure efficient and effective management of resources of the division.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develop strategies for achievement of the divisional objectives and goals
- Ensure effective and efficient management of the Tax Policy and Advisory Division.
- Coordinate, review and formulate Departmental policies and procedures so as to achieve efficient and effective delivery of the departmental mandate.
- Identify and requisition for the resources required for the effective performance of the mandate of the Division.
- Develop criteria and guidelines for the performance of DTD operations.
- Ensure consistent interpretation and uniform application of the relevant tax laws.
- Advice the Commissioner on technical matters relating to the operations of the department.
- Coordinate/review existing tax legislation and make recommendations for amendments.
- Coordinate sector knowledge groups so as to develop consistent application of laws, procedures and revenue mobilisation strategies across Divisions/TSO’s.
- Submit regular reports to the Commissioner.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Process and validate public education messages in relation to compliance with tax laws and procedures.
- Decisions have implications on revenue
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible over physical assets assigned by the Authority.
Decision Making / Job Influence
Strategic & managerial decisions
- Works predominantly within the office with minimal field visits during engagements with other stakeholders.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Law, Economics or related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Revenue Administration and membership to a professional body is an added advantage.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years work experience in a similar role with at least Five (5) years in a senior management role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes
- Strategic agility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Good knowledge of Tax Legislation, Regulation and Procedures
- Good awareness of operating environment
- Results driven and analytical
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Mentoring and coaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 3rd May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Click Here To Apply