The job holder is responsible for implementing and directing procurement and supplies activities in the headquarters or regions with a view to enhancing operational efficiency through timely and competitive acquisition of quality goods and services in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2015. Ensuring compliance to statutory requirements and upholding professionalism.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Registration of Suppliers and maintain an updated bi-annually standing lists of registered bidders in addition to a list of all direct services providers.
- Enforcing compliance with relevant regulations for Reservations and Preferences.
- Enforcing compliance with Public Procurement Act 2015
- Responding to audit queries relation to SCM activities in the Authority.
- Manage the implementation and deployment of SAP i-Support alongside monitoring and recommendation of enhancements as required.
- Provide technical support of both internal and external users on SAP i-Support.
- Training of users on the SAP i-Support system.
- Supplier Management and Appraisal.
- Ensure safe and efficient custody of procurement records and other procurement and supplies documentation.
- Co-ordinate the retrieval of documents and information as and when required
- Manage internal and external correspondence
- Assess, Manage and Mitigate Risks in record keeping as well as administration of the ERP system.
- Manage Leases, participate in evaluation and negotiations.
- Manage Procurement, participate in evaluation and negotiations.
- Vetting Purchase Requisition request prior to commence procurement
- Vetting of Vendor before they on boarded into the system
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Complete Desk with two sets of drawers
- One high back Chair
- Two Visitors Chairs
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Office environment
- Enabled to work off-site
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement or related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional /Membership qualification:
- Diploma CIPS(UK), KISM (Kenya Institute of Supplies Management -Kenya)
- Membership with Kenya Institute of Supplies Management – (KISM)
How to Apply