Department: Corporate Support Service,
Division: Human Resource,
Section / Unit: Employee Relations,
Location / Work station: Times Towers, Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi or Other Regional Office,
- The job holder is responsible for the management of Appeals and Grievance Handling in the Authority.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Enforce the Code of Conduct;
- Examine grievances/complaints and determine adherence to grievance handling procedure;
- Build sustainable and mutually beneficially relationships for all stakeholders with the aim of furthering the goals and vision of Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Advise the management on issues/matters appeal;
- Notify concerned parties of outcome and initiate any necessary action arising from the grievance/complaint
- Liaise with Departments on grievance matters;
- Examine grievances/complaints and advice on the way forward;
- Ensure adherence to grievance handling procedure;
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities in the section;
- Ensure compliance with legislative and statutory obligations;
- Oversees research, investigation, negotiation and resolution of all types of appeals and grievances
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work activity of the appeal and grievance in line with organizational policies and procedures
- Ensure implementation of regulations, policies and measures; tracking appeals; identifying appropriate modifications to processes and developing required reports.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Receive analyze and forward appeal requests to appeal committee
- Ensure the appeals and grievance committee are properly constituted
- Analyze and review of issues raised in appeals in a timely manner
- Prepare position papers on cases under review /appeal
- Provide secretariat services to appeal panels and maintain records of appeals
- Prepare communication to officers regarding the outcome of their appeals and reviews
- Notify concerned parties of outcome and initiate any necessary action arising from the grievance/complaint;
- Review appeal case analysis reports and submit to relevant authorities;
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provide oversight for all departmental physical assets.
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
- Works predominantly in a comfortable environment
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resource Management/Relevant field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Membership to a Professional Body (IHRM)
Previous relevant work experience required
- At least five (5) years’ overall work experience, two (2) years’ of which should have been in a managerial role.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Public Relations
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th March 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Click Here To Apply
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter