Solution Architect & Developer Assistant Manager Job, Latest IT Kenyan Jobs,
Department Corporate Support Services
Division Information and Communication Technology
Location /Work Station Nairobi, Times Tower
The job holder is responsible for;
- Designing major aspects of the architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure
- Providing technical leadership to the application development team
- Performing design and code reviews
- Ensuring that uniform enterprise-wide application design standards are maintained
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure the architecture is aligned with business requirements
- Key Responsibilities Responsible for defining, and implementing application architecture policies, standards and artefacts for diverse business processes, projects, and function
- Develop software solutions and strategy to meet the architectural goals and needs of Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Liaise with programmers and software development team to design and implement an application architecture (s) for various application architectural system
- Design the interface between multiple applications, databases, and middleware systems
- Design applications according to specific architectural design to improve overall system performance
- Carry out assessments to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage
- Upgrade architectural systems and software life cycle to ensure improved processes
- Monitor the performance of architectural systems to ensure seamless interaction between components
- Conduct tests to ensure an application conforms to fundamental application standards and meets the requirements of the end user
- Ensure proper documentation of software design and developing processes in order to produce appropriate procedures for application use
- Develops the unit’s Annual Work Plan and draft budget and coordinates their implementation;
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports for the unit;
- Develops, mentors and coaches staff in the unit;
- Conducts performance management in the unit;
- Coordinates implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Systems Development i.e. Java Programming, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
- Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle-level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2.
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
Technical Skills Required:
The Job holder must have:
- Proven skills in Oracle development and database management tools
- Proficiency in Java programming language and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of structured programming and database design concepts
- Expert knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Dreamweaver, Microsoft.NET, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating system platforms
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of system design and modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of systems design and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, Trace Cloud, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the following tools: process modelling (MS Visio, etc.), Project Management i.e. MS Project and Presentation i.e. MS PowerPoint
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of enterprise business systems. Experience in design and development of systems for tax administration will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in integration of business systems in a similar large organization.
- At least four (4) years’ post qualification experience which includes one (1) year as a Supervisor in the relevant field.
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have strong abilities to conduct research-affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours within constraints.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 2nd December 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
How To Apply