DEPARTMENT: Customs & Border Control
DIVISION: Policy &International Affairs
Providing strategic leadership as well as formulating and implementing policies / strategies in the Policy Division in accordance to the relevant legislative laws, regulations and operating procedures
- Managerial /Supervisory responsibilities
- Overseeing legislative changes and interpretation thereof
- Participation at the national and regional budget making process.;
- Provision of technical and law interpretative guidance and support to the dept. and operations
- Overseeing Implementation of policy changes
- Maintain Departmental liaison with National Treasury
- Reviewing and aligning operational procedures to any legislative/administrative changes
- Coordination of Quality Management System (QMS) audits, External and internal Audit function
- Coordination of licensing of Clearing Agents and facilities such as Bonded warehouses
- Coordination of dispute resolution mechanism.
- Overseeing EAC and International Networks including Coordination of the Single Custom Territory affairs
- Development, execution and Monitoring of MOUs and MAAs with the regional and international partners
- Development & utilization of Divisional budgets.
- Responsibility of Physical assets
- Responsible over office assets
Decision making /Job influence
- Makes managerial, strategic and financial decisions.
- Assigns, monitor and evaluates work of Direct reports
- Works predominantly within the office with minimal field visits during engagements with other stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution
- Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration institution
- Membership to a professional body is an added advantage.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ work experience in relevant field within Customs or equivalent environment with at least Five (5) years in a senior management role.
Functional skills/Behavioural competencies /attributes
- Strategic agility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Customs Business Understanding
- Customs Legislation and Regulation
- Knowledge in Customs procedures
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 10th February 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
How to Apply
Apply for the job here