The overall purpose of the Customer Service Advisor position is to acquire, grow and deepen customer relationships through excellent service delivery by serving walk in customers/taxpayers and customers/taxpayers with hearing impairment and facilitating content creation for persons with hearing impairment.
The position is key in informing management decisions on the operation of the Centres by accurate and timely collection of all relevant data on its operations.
- Offer sign-language interpretation services as and when required/ called upon.
- Act as the first point of contact resolution for customers and ensure the delivery of quality service by projecting a professional and warm image.
- Provide accurate, valid, complete and educative information to customers using the right methods, skills and tools.
- Encourage customers to participate by giving feedback using the provided service quality tools with a view of recommending process improvements for process re-engineering and excellent service delivery.
- Assist customers in accessing KRA processes at the Service Centre
- PIN application with relevant tax obligations.
- Amend PIN details – initiate the amendment of registration details, validate supporting documents received for further processing
- Filing of returns.
- Application of payment slips, waivers, objections, TCC.
- Complete data entry verification tasks for amendment applications.
- Execute business support initiatives to enhance revenue growth:
- Taxpayer registration
- Revenue enhancement – Debt collection, Nil/Non filer, Advance tax,
- Conduct taxpayer engagements, education and customer visits to increase awareness of taxpayer rights and obligations and enhance voluntary compliance.
- Ensure complaints are handled and recorded as per the Complaints Management Framework.
- Escalate customer issues that need intervention of technical staff via the recommended service escalation email.
- Ensure adherence to all quality requirements under ISO 9008:2015, Authority’s Service Charter, Customer Service Standards & Policy and work procedure manual
- Reports – Prepare periodical reports on as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Certificate of proficiency in sign language.
- Practiced sign language or worked in a sign Language environment for a period of at least 2 years.
Skills and Knowledge
- Sign Language
- Product knowledge: In-depth knowledge on Tax Administration, Customs
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Numeric, oral and written language applications.
- Mathematical skills to perform calculations.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th February, 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment pro
How to Apply
Apply for the job here