- This role is responsible for overseeing the Competent Authority Office and handling international taxation matters.
- Providing Competent Authority Functions acting as liaison with other treaty partners.
- Provide comprehensive policy analysis and advice the Treasury and, where appropriate, design and recommend amendments to legislation on all issues of cross border taxation through the Corporate Tax Policy unit.
- Representing Kenya at specific international forums dealing with development of solutions to address issues of international tax avoidance and evasion.
- Coordinating interactions with institutions that cooperate with KRA at the international level such as CIAT, ATAF, CATA OECD, Global Forum etc.
- Leading the KRA delegation in the negotiation of international instruments including treaties, model treaty framework documents, Tax Information Exchange Agreements and Memorandum of Understanding.
- Overseeing the management and administration of the exchange of information function.
- Overseeing the FATCA process
- Lead the Kenyan delegation in the MAP process.
- Oversee the management and handling of disputes in the MAP process.
- Developing strategy and standards in transfer pricing including Advance Pricing Arrangement (APAs).
- Overseeing the Coordination of the Inter Agency Task Force on compliance with international standards on exchange of information, and the Global Forum on transparency processes.
- Overseeing and providing guidance in dealing with enquiries from taxpayers on International Tax issues and in collaboration with the Policy & Tax Advisory Division of DTD, issue rulings.
- Overseeing and guiding the preparation of presentations for international forums whenever required.
- Overseeing the sourcing of training opportunities and coordination of all training activities and logistics and engage Global Bodies in the provision of capacity building.
- Engaging stakeholders such as the judiciary, Central Bank, Capital Markets Authority, National treasury, Financial Reporting Center etc. to enable seamless flow of information, and cooperation to promote better handling of international tax matters.
- Providing guidance and technical advice on the interpretation of tax treaties.
- Organizing training on international tax and capacity building to enhance the skills of KRA officers to deal with international tax issues. This includes continuous training internally and externally for all targeted officers including quality assurance officers.
- Administration and performance of other management functions.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, public policy, Finance or Economics.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Advanced training in International Tax.
- Post Graduate degree in Tax & Customs Administration is an added advantage.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Possession of relevant professional qualiﬁcation(s) is an added advantage.
Minimum years of experience
- At least 7 years of progressive work experience and 3 years handling international taxation matters.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English).
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity.
- Effective Negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of international tax issues and tax legislation.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent networking capability.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 3rd May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Click Here To Apply