KRA Chief Manager Jobs In Kenya (Conveyancing & Legal Research)
Chief Manager (CM) – Conveyancing and Legal Research Job, Latest Legal Jobs,
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination,
Division: Board Coordination,
Section: Conveyancing, Legal Research,
Responsible for (Purpose of the job)
- Oversees the Functions and Operations of the Conveyancing, Legal Research and Opinions Section, undertaking of legal research, provision of legal opinion and preparation of legal instruments.
Tasks and outputs
- Formulate and oversee implementation of strategies for the Board Coordination Division.
- Manage the Conveyancing, Legal Research and Opinion functions.
- Manage the preparation of the Section’s work plan and budgets.
- Review and advise Management and the Board on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Manage compliance with agreed systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Manage research and review of legislation and advise the Board, Management and the relevant Departments on changes in Law.
- Manage stakeholder engagements (ICPSK, IOD, SCAC, AG, and Lands Registries).
- Provide legal research services for the Department.
- Manage the preparation of legal opinions and instruments.
- Promote career and continuous professional development of staff in the Section.
- Manage the general performance of staff in the Section.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK and ICPSK).
- Computer literate.
- Leadership, Management and Governance courses.
Minimum years of experience
- Seven (7) years post admission experience in commercial law and conveyancing practice, three (3) of which should be in a management position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th March 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter