Assistant Manager – Taxpayer Education, Latest Teaching Jobs Kenya,
The person will be responsible for creating tax awareness through the implementation of public and institutional tax education initiatives for taxpayer segments and sectors, content development and management, and outreach programs. S/he will support coordination of curricula development in response to taxpayer knowledge needs and implement taxpayer assistance programs across the country. The person will also be responsible for managing institutional and sectoral partnerships aimed at enhancing tax literacy in Kenya.
Key Performance Areas
- Conduct taxpayer education needs analysis to inform curricula design
- Conduct regular review of tax curricula to ensure the currency, relevance, and suitability for target taxpayers
- Conduct direct teaching/training of taxpayers and support sourcing of facilitators
- Oversee preparation and validation of teaching and training materials
- Coordinate regional training programs
- Track the quality of teaching/training modules to ensure effectiveness
Education Outreach & Taxpayer Assistance
- Develop schools’ outreach calendars and monitor their implementation
- Assure quality of outreach programs and execute necessary interventions to ensure business value
- Generate regular management reports on the effectiveness of outreach programs
- Manage the Mobile Tax Unit (MTU) and determine the route map for maximum taxpayer reach
- Manage corporate partnerships for enhancing taxpayer education
- Coordinate learning partnerships e.g. benchmarking, and information exchange
- Manage development and review of tax content to maximize content accuracy
- Oversee production of print content and monitor dissemination across KRA regional/service stations to aid taxpayer outreach, sensitization, and assistance
- Design guidelines for executing interactive debates (edutainment) initiatives
- Mobilize taxpayer audiences for edutainment initiatives
Correspondence & Liaison
- Oversee management of correspondence with taxpayers/stakeholders
- Liaise with various departments on TED matters
Reporting & Inventory Management
- Develop and quality assure Board reports and responses
- Monitor the Division’s implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives; Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Quality assure TED divisional monthly/bi-annual/annual reports
Finance & Procurement
- Monitor absorption of TED funds
- Coordinate all supply chain matters for TED programs
Organizational & People Management
- Manage the team, with Supervisor as a direct report
- Full talent and performance management of TED Division’s interns and attaches
- Support implementation of the Corporate Taxpayer Education Strategy
- Stand-in for the Manager on request
- Any other request by line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communication or a relevant field is required
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in education management, 1 year experience at Supervisory level.
- A post-graduate/professional qualification in education/curriculum management
- Demonstrable experience in advocacy or outreach in public sector agencies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Advanced mobilization and outreach skills
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- High level of numeracy, budgeting, reporting and IT skills
- Highly developed diplomacy and influencing skills
- Willingness to collaborate, innovate and ability to think systematically
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing in English.
How to Apply
Apply for the Job here.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.