Assistant Manager Job, Current Legal Jobs 2022,
Facilitating international tax matters to do with Treaties and Legislation on cross-border transactions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing input into the negotiation of Agreements for the Avoidance of Double Taxation (DTAs), including analysis of proposed DTAs and calls for comments on negotiated DTAs
- Providing input into the deliberations and conclusion of Mutual Agreement Procedure (MAP) cases
- Drafting and submitting proposals for legislative review on all matters relating to taxation of cross border transactions
- Advising the National Treasury on all matters of taxation of cross border transactions
- Providing input into processing of requests for interpretation of DTAs
- Providing input into the implementation of OECD Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) Action 6 (Treaty Abuse) and Action 14 (MAP) minimum standards
- Performing Team leader roles
- Preparing monthly and quarterly performance reports for the section
- Assist in coordinating all stakeholder engagement and capacity building for the section
- Identifying gaps in staffing and training within the team and making recommendations to the Manager
- Financial Responsibility
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Minimum qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Public Policy, Finance, Economics or related field from a recognized University
Professional Qualifications / Training
- Advanced training in International Tax.
- Post Graduate degree in Tax & Customs Administration is an added advantage.
Previous relevant work experience required.
Four (4) years of progressive work experience with at least 2 years handling international taxation matters and at-least (1) year at Supervisory role.
Competencies required for this Role
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written (English).
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity.
- Effective Negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of international tax issues and tax legislation.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills