Fund/Grants Manager Job– Finance Specialist, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services including Audit, Tax and Advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS), based in Nairobi, Kenya adopts a pan-African approach to development work and coordinates projects throughout Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results and development impact. Our diverse team includes people of various professional backgrounds and nationalities, and this mix is fundamental to our success. Typically, we assemble teams of professionals that comprise specialised development expertise combined with core KPMG staff.
We are looking for a Manager/ Finance specialist to support us in fund and grants management including financial monitoring of projects and client engagements in the development sector. He/She will be supporting funds and grants management in our health portfolio across the continent. The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya but would require occasional travel across Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
Implementing partner financial monitoring and reporting:
- Review of implementing partners’ progress reports and verification of information reported therein.
- Perform analysis of financial and programmatic information and make recommendations to clients.
- Conduct implementation verifications and spot-checks on an ongoing basis.
- Review key implementer and sub-implementer’s capacities and systems to implementing Fund/ Grant activities.
- Provide advise on the key implementer and sub-implementer’s compliance with grant/funding agreements.
- To assist clients in safeguarding expenditures related to supported activities by reviewing plans (workplans and budgets) and providing recommendations to clients.
- Assess and report on adequacy of fiduciary controls for financial management of donor funds at implementer level.
- Identify areas of financial risks and propose practical risk mitigation approaches.
- Management and escalation of any financial issues to the Team Leader as they arise in the financial oversight of the partners.
- Plan and coordinate meetings that may be required as part of project implementation between partners and clients, including but not limited to project review meetings, budget modifications discussions, and performance meetings.
- The manager will also be expected to support IDAS business development activities including strategy, opportunity tracking, proposal writing, lessons learning and thought leadership.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven experience of fund and grants management in development programmes across a range of sectoral areas. Candidates with experience in the health sector will have an added advantage.
- A minimum of 9 years of relevant experience working in a financial role, preferably with at least 4 years of post-qualification experience related to:
(i) financial accounting, with the ability to review and analyse accounting transactions;
(ii) reviewing and negotiating budgets;
(iii) financial management systems, with the ability to review and assess internal controls and financial processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement;
(iv) review of financial statements (including income and expenditure statements, balance sheets and cash reconciliation statements); and
(v) review and interpretation of audit reports.
- Well-developed presentation, proposal and report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field. Master’s degree is highly preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- An internationally recognised professional finance or accounting qualification – e.g. Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Accountant Certification, Chartered Financial Analyst etc.
- An exciting opportunity to work with a Big 4 firm on cutting edge development programmes across Africa.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
How to Apply
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply.
Shortlisting will be on a rolling basis.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Please indicate the title of position you are applying for in the subject of the email and in the cover letter