Fund and Grants Manager Job – French Speaking, Current Jobs In Kenya,
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing KPMG is a leading provider of professional services including Audit, Tax and Advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS), based in Nairobi, Kenya adopts a pan-African approach to development work and coordinates projects throughout Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results and development impact. Our diverse team includes people of various professional backgrounds and nationalities, and this mix is fundamental to our success. Typically, we assemble teams of professionals that comprise specialised development expertise combined with core KPMG staff.
We are looking for a Manager to support us in fund and grants management in our projects and client engagements in the development sector. He/She will be supporting funds and grants management in francophone countries. The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya but would require occasional travel across Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
Implementing partner financial management:
- Being the focal person for the (assigned) portfolio of implementing partners and responsible for the financial management of the full cycle of partner grants from due diligence/capacity assessments, supporting budget reviews, financial monitoring and reviews, and program financial close-out within the agreed scope.
- Designing and updating, in liaison with the client, the relevant manuals and standard operating procedures that provide the implementing partners with the relevant financial management guidelines.
- Coordinating the due diligence exercise for the assigned portfolio of partners with the DD team.
- Developing and supporting partner orientation processes and capacity building.
- Supporting the review of partner budgets for completeness and providing necessary support and guidelines to the partners during budget amendment / modifications processes within the agreed standard operating procedures.
- Review disbursement requests and provide recommendations for disbursement amounts for discussion with the client at the quarterly review meetings.
- Process disbursements to implementing partners using approved internal banking processes and mandates.
- Before first disbursement and on an ongoing basis, completion of Know Your Client processes for the partners.
- Leading on monthly and quarterly review of financial reports submitted by the partners and supporting the partners to ensure reports are completed to expected standards within the Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- This will include review of quarterly expenditure, analysing budget vs actual variances, reviewing financial compliance, review of cash forecasts and disbursement requests and to ensure compliance to agreed guidelines, client regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lead the risk assessment of partner projects to ensure the risks are correctly identified and risk mitigations are put in place and monitored to safeguard resources.
- Management and escalation of any financial issues to the Team Leader as they arise in the financial oversight of the partners.
- Plan and coordinate meetings that may be required as part of project implementation between the partners and the client, including but not limited to project review meetings, budget modifications discussions, performance meetings etc.
Portfolio level financial management:
- Maintaining accurate and timely portfolio level financial documentation and data for the project, and report on commitments, disbursements, spend and cash flow projections and actual spend analysis for accountability to the client.
- Supporting the client in the cash forecasting routines for the fund based on partners cash needs to ensure that adequate resources are availed on timely basis to support project implementation efforts.
- On a quarterly and annual basis, preparation of consolidated reports for the portfolio in formats as prescribed and agreed in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure the grants management systems and project financial trackers are updated in a timely & accurate manner with the correct financial information for project.
- Guiding the Data and Analytics team in design of project dashboards and other data analytics that may be required as part of reporting procedures to the client.
- Overall, support the provision of financial data and information that enables the client programs and financial teams to make effective decisions.
- Support client annual audit processes and provide the necessary financial information and respond to any findings identified.
The manager will also be expected to support IDAS business development activities including strategy, opportunity tracking, proposal writing, lesson learning and thought leadership.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven experience of fund and grants management in development programmes across a range of sectoral areas.
- At least 9 years’ working experience in the international development sector with at least 4 years on fund and grants.
- Well-developed presentation, proposal and report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least four years of donor funded grants management experience. Must be French speaking.
- Must have experience in financial analysis
- University degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field. Master’s degree is highly preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- An exciting opportunity to work with a Big 4 firm on cutting edge development programmes across Africa.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
How to Apply
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply.
Shortlisting will be on a rolling basis.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*
Please indicate the title of position you are applying for in the subject of the email and in the cover letter.