Senior Electronics Design Engineer Job, Engineering Kenyan Jobs 2022,
We are looking for a Senior Electronics Design Engineer to provide technical ownership for the electronic designs that make up KOKO’s IoT based hardware platforms that provide our customers with smart delivery of fuel and other products through our unique last mile distribution network. As such you will play a key role in enabling KOKO’s long term success, including our expansion to new markets.
In this position on the engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to and add value across multiple KOKO’s products, at different stages of the product life cycle, and be part of the wider engineering team in delivering best-in-class solutions.
- 5+ years of hands on experience in electronics design
- Strong track record developing and delivering significant electronics projects through to mass production.
- Significant experience in the following areas with deep expertise in a few: Electronics systems design, PCB schematic design, RF design, component selection, PCB layout, manufacturing processes, control theory.
- Skills in prototyping with development kits (e.g. Arduino or Raspberry Pi)
- Expert in electronics CAD tools e.g. OrCad / Altium / Eagle
- Demonstrated experience in control systems, control theory and hardware Integration.
- Well developed skills in designing for testability, reliability, security and maintainability.
- Experience in design for global safety / regulatory requirements (CSA, UL, etc.).
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Empathy for your colleagues, encouraging team members to think creatively while knowing where to intervene to tackle tough problems and navigate conflicts.
- Embedded software (bare metal / RTOS / Linux) development in C/C++
- Understanding of the greater IoT tech stack (MQTT, security etc..)
- Knowledge of automated dispensing systems design for liquids and solids.
- Knowledge of fuel distribution industry
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!