Senior Back End Engineer (SRE) Job, IT Jobs In Kenya 2022,
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,200+ employees across East Africa & India. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel; and (3) KOKO Club, a tech-enabled, direct-to-consumer, instant fulfillment retail platform operated in partnership with neighborhood retailers. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
As KOKO grows within and outside Kenya, our team is looking for experienced backend engineers to join the Site Reliability Engineering Team, whose mission is to ensure KOKO delivers a highly reliable, scalable, secure, and cost-effective cloud platform to its users.
Your role will require you to lead on development projects relating to these areas and be responsible for their successful execution. You will keep a watchful eye on our systems’ capacity and performance, optimise our software’s use of resources and strengthen security. KOKO’s suite of products spans multiple technical domains and disciplines in software and hardware, and so experience in end-to-end systems thinking across distributed components is key to enabling KOKO’s expansion within and outside of Kenya
- Lead projects to deliver performance improvements in areas you identify with the SRE and the wider engineering team
- Review and improve on our software designs to deliver improvements to the reliability and scalability of our systems and services
- Strengthen our security posture by reviewing and implementing improvements conformant with secure coding standards
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Help others to improve the quality of their work through regular design and code reviews
- Support DevOps engineers in the SRE team with software development tasks as needed
- Be on-call to manage high priority issues when needed, in collaboration with other engineering team members via our incident response processes.
- Participate in building the engineering culture at KOKO