Manager, Supply Chain Management and Logistics Job, Latest Supply Jobs in Kenya
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management of the Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- division for timely and effective supply of goods and services in accordance with
- Constitution of Kenya, PPADA 2015, PPADR 2020, Government Circulars and best practices;
- Oversee the development, implementation and review of procurement strategies,
- plans, budgets, policies and procedures to ensure supply chain management achieves the Corporation’s strategic objectives;
- Direct and manage the procurement process which includes planning of procurement,
- warehouse management, inventory control, logistics, distribution and disposal of
- goods and assets to ensure accurate and appropriate inventories, timely delivery and costeffectiveness;
- Provide administrative guidelines on interpretation and implementation of the Public
- Procurement and Disposal Act, 2015, and its regulations, 2020 and other
- procurement laws and policy documents that guide procurement;
- Guide development of the Corporation’s annual procurement plans and budgets in compliance with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act;
- Coordinate activities of tender processing, negotiations, inspection and acceptance
- committee and the disposal committee; in line with the procurement and disposal Act
- Oversee inventory management and storage to ensure cost reduction and process improvement in the procurement of goods and services.
- Kenya National Trading Corporation Ltd – Job Advert April 2022 Page | 11
- Design and supervise implementation an effective stores management system to minimize inventory turnaround time.
- Advise the Management on all supply chain matters to ensure compliance with relevant legislations, processes, and procedures;
- Oversee the Identification, monitoring and mitigation of supply chain strategic risks by ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place;
- Coordinates mechanisms that encourage creativity, innovation, and adoption of technology in supply chain & Logistics management to facilitate the achievement of the Corporation’s objectives;
- Oversees the implementation of a robust logistics and warehousing management system for efficient and effective operations at the Corporation;
- Leads negotiations with project Contractors and service providers to ensure Corporation achieves value for money;
- Manage the vendor relationships to ensure the smooth flow of goods, works and services.
- Develop and review procurement performance targets to ensure effective and efficient service delivery and compliance with statutory requirements;
- Oversees the establishment and implementation of Procurement documentation and reporting systems to enable efficiency and effectiveness in the management of SCM&L function;
- Ensures integrity and high professional supply chain management & Logistics standards
- in accordance with the Procurement and Disposal Act.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs, review and assess performance of direct reports;
- Leads, appraises, coaches and mentors the team to create an enabling environment
- that promotes creativity, innovation and maximizes the potential of the team;
- Mentor and coach staff in the department and other departments that fall within the
- supply chain process to ensure effective function of all the component, including the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain process.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Prepares tender documents in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2015 and coordinates the tendering process;
- Undertake functions of the secretary to the Tender Evaluation Committee;
- Prepare and Present bid awards to the Managing Director/CEO for approval;
- Develop and manage internal control system to safeguard and ensure validity of the
- tender security, performance security and professional indemnity certificates issued
- by suppliers to protect the Corporation from any risks related to the projects;
- Prepare and sign procurement professional opinions for presentation to the Managing Director/CEO;
- Kenya National Trading Corporation Ltd – Job Advert April 2022 Page | 12
- Files statutory reports to and from the Public Procurement and Regulatory
- Authority to comply with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act;
- Certifies invoices and payment vouchers to suppliers to ensure integrity and high
- professional supply chain management standards;
- Maintain and update supply data base for ease of sourcing of various goods, works
- and services required in the Institute;
- Monitors and evaluates performance of systems in supply chain management for
- effective service delivery to achieve the Corporation’s objectives.
- Interpret other laws and statutes that impact on supply chain management matters;
- Build capacity of the organization in procurement management to ensure adherence
- and understanding of the Procurement Laws and regulations;
- Interpret, implement and enforce public procurement procedures and regulations for
- the Corporation in line with relevant regulatory requirements;
- Coordinates issuance of tenders, expression of interest and any other relevant
- information to the Public through the relevant communication channels;
- Supervise the implementation of contracts by suppliers and service providers to
- ensure that they meet their contractual obligations;
- Prepare and issue rejection and debriefing letters to suppliers who do not meet set
- procurement standards by the Corporation;
- Recommend various committees for appointment by the Managing Director as
- required by the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act and other relevant regulations;
- Provide information as required for any petition or investigation to debar a tender or contractor or any Investigation under review procedures;
- Keep updated on procurement matters through trainings and seminars organized by
- key stakeholders such as Kenya Institute of Supplies Management to represent the
- Corporation and enhance work delivery.
- Develop mechanisms that encourage creativity, innovation, and adoption of
- technology in supply chain management to facilitate the achievement of the divisional objectives;
- Coordinates with the relevant Government agencies on all matters relating to
- procurement and asset disposal on behalf of the Corporation;
- Coordinates the development of clarifications to bidders, addendums, and any amendments to tender documents and publish them within the required timelines;
- Provides a professional opinion to the accounting officer on the procurement or asset disposal proceedings;
- Approves the local purchase orders, local service orders, Internal Purchase Requisitions, and Internal Store Requisition;
- Kenya National Trading Corporation Ltd – Job Advert April 2022 Page | 13
- Coordinates the sensitization of SCM stakeholders on the Public Procurement regulations and trends to ensure compliance; and
- Conduct market surveys and research on trends to inform value for money in the procurement process.
- Prepare the Corporation’s procurement plan and budget of approximately Kes. 3 billion per annum.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Office Equipment
- Office furniture
- Motor Vehicles; and
- Records & Data
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Strategic Decisions
- Managerial Decisions
- Operational Decisions
- Works predominantly within the office with regular field assignments.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: – Purchasing and Supplies
- Management, Business Administration (Supply Chain Management Option),
- Procurement and Logistics, Commerce (Supplies Management Option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution With
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: – Purchasing and Supplies
- Management, Business Administration (Supply Chain Management Option),
- Procurement and Logistics, Commerce (Supplies Management Option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or any other equivalent
- qualification from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies or any other recognized institution.
- Membership to Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM);Valid Practicing License
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been in management position
How to Apply
Submit your CV, with full details of education background, professional qualifications and relevant experience together with copies of testimonials, academic certificates, National Identity card Application letter to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 25 April. 2022
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.