KNTC Manager Internal Audit Job, Latest Audit Jobs in Kenya
The job holder is responsible for providing strategic and technical leadership in the internal audit
function within the Corporation in accordance with the International Auditing standards and
Public Finance Management Act to ensure the effectiveness of Risk Management, Control and
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Spearhead the formulation and implementation of the internal audit policies, strategies,
- standards, manuals and plans incorporating risk-based approach and ensure approval and
- implementation to guide audit operations within the Corporation;
- Spearhead the development of the Internal Audit Charter to guide the internal audit operations;
- Oversee the preparation of work programmes to ensure that audits are planned and
- professionally managed so as to ensure adequacy in audit findings;
- Oversee review of internal controls to confirm their effectiveness and adequacy and make
- recommendations to management to necessary action
- Advise management and the Board on best practices in governance, risk, management,
- and control so as to keep them abreast with emerging issues in the profession.
- Oversee special audits and investigations to ensure compliance.
- Oversee timely preparation and submission of audit reports to the Managing Director, the
- Board and other authorized persons for their action;
- Oversee communication of the status report resulting from audit follow ups and
- recommendations that affect strategic direction of KNTC for implementation;
- Steer the department staff towards accomplishment of the annual, professional and
- academic development plans for implementation.
- Spearhead review operations in line with statutory requirements, applicable laws,
- regulations, policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
- Spearhead follow up on progress of implementation of audit recommendations received
- from both internal and external audits together with Board resolutions to establish conformity;
- Spearhead evaluation of programs/projects to establish whether results are consistent with
- established goals and objectives;
- Kenya National Trading Corporation Ltd – Job Advert April 2022 Page | 16
- Guide on the review of budgetary performance, financial management, transparency and
- accountability mechanisms and processes within the Corporation so as to assure their reliability;
- Spearhead the upholding of high standards of ethics within the Corporation based on the
- principles of objectivity, integrity, confidentiality, and due professional care for compliance;
- Oversee review of income generating activities and grants on their accountability and give
- appropriate recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Oversee the Corporation’s system audits to ensure adequacy of the systems.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Provide assurance of the Corporation’s management operations, reliability and accuracy of
- financial statements, identified risks, internal controls and governance processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency;
- Provide assurance on the extent of compliance of the Corporation with government
- policies, Executive Orders, rules, and regulations are implemented and reporting on the
- same to the management and Board to ensure conformity.
- Maintain a conducive management culture by educating the management and Board on
- the role of the Internal Audit to reduce misunderstanding which may threaten the
- objectivity and independence of internal auditors;
- Make recommendations on mitigation measures to address identified weaknesses in the system;
- Lead in coaching and mentoring divisional staff to enhance productivity and retention;
- Evaluate the performance of staff in the Department to ascertain efficiency and effectiveness in work performance in meeting the objectives of the function;
- Approve audit reports for submission to the Managing Director, the Board and any other
- correspondences to the heads of department for their action;
- Provide secretarial and advisory services to the Board Audit Committee to ensure smooth running of the operations;
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure monitoring and implementation of external auditor recommendations;
- Participate in the identification of human resource requirements for the division for
- channeling to HR department for action;
- Coordinate the review of management responses including action taken to ensure issues raised are addressed;
- Provide technical expertise when interviewing candidates for the internal audit department positions to ensure requirements are met;
- Financial Responsibility
- Monitor and advise on the overall Corporation budget of Kshs. 3Billion and grants;
- Responsible for budget allocated to the Internal Audit Division;
- Approves expenditures within the division budget limits and procurement plans.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Office furniture
- Records & Data
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Makes Strategic decisions
- Makes Managerial decisions
- Makes Operational decisions
- Makes Analytical decisions
- The job holder works in an office setting and occasionally travels to the Corporation’s depots within the country while overseeing audits.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance or Business
- Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or relevant field from a recognized
- university With Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance
- Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (K) or its equivalent qualification. and
Certified information systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or an equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
Member in good standing in any of the following
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK); and/or
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA); and/or
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA); and/or
- Association of Certified fraud examiners (ACFE) and/or
- Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP).
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been in supervisory position
How to Apply
Submit your CV, with full details of education background, professional qualifications and relevant experience together with copies of testimonials, academic certificates, National Identity card Application letter to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 25 April. 2022
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.