Accountant (Receivables & Debt Management) Job, LatestAccounting Jobs Kenya,
ACCOUNTANT (RECEIVABLES & DEBT MANAGEMENT) – KLB 6
Reports to: Senior Accountant –Receivables & Debt Management
Direct reports: Senior Assistant Accountant
Indirect reports: Assistant Accountant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the coordination and management of accounts receivables systems and processes in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Implement the Financial Management Information System (FMIS) SAGE ACCPAC in the section for effectiveness.
- Supervise the team of direct reports.
- Evaluate and conduct performance management appraisal of direct reports.
- Implement the credit and debt management policies.
- Implement the debt management and collection processes and procedures.
- Monitor, review and reconcile customers’ accounts.
- Implement and monitor the external debt management systems and service providers and prepare monthly performance reports.
- Implement and monitor the issuance of debt demand notes for overdue debts.
- Collect data on debt management and prepare the monthly reports.
- Collect data on revenue and prepare monthly reports.
- Manage customer accounts, monthly statements and their debt portfolio.
- Address and resolve customer queries and complaints in liaison with other departments and sections, to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Generate recommendations in relation to overdue outstanding debts for reference to external debt collectors.
- Process and receive revenues and monitor banking of revenues in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Supervise direct reports and conduct staff performance appraisal
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Holder of Certified Public Accountant (CPA–K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant(ACCA – UK) in good standing.
- Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA – K) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA – UK) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Public Finance Act and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Problem solving, analytical, decision making, integrity, good communication, organisation and planning skills.
- A good team player, maintains high work standards, reliable, easily adapts to new environments, pays attention to detail and self-motivated.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their applications clearly indicating the job title and reference number of the position, a comprehensive CV stating your current position, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Include your day and evening telephone numbers and your contact email address.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
For the full details on these positions, including qualifications and experience, please visit KLB Website on www.klb.co.ke and send your ON-LINE APPLICATION addressed to
The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Bellevue Area, KLB Road, off Popo Road
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
Kenya Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications should reach us on or before 30th May 2022
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.