Town Administrator Job, Administration Jobs Kenya March, Latest County Jobs Kenya 2022,
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the county and to confirm appointments”.
Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provision, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions below:
TOWN ADMINISTRATOR, JG ‘CPSB 05’ (P) TWO (2) POSTS
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree in Strategic Management, Public Administration, Urban & Rural Development, Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Seven (7) years relevant working experience, five (5) of which should have been at senior management level/management;
- Valid membership to a legally recognized professional body;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Meet requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, on leadership and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement strategies for sustainable development of the Town as an integrated area of economic and social activity;
- Develop and implement effective revenue raising policies and strategies;
- Prepare the Town Integrated Plan and Spatial Development framework as provided under the Urban Areas and Cities Act;
- Implement financial and debt policies including collection of rates, levies, rent, fees and charges;
- Initiate and undertake the urban planning process within the Town;
- Provide strategic guidance for orderly and sustainable development of informal settlements/commercial activities in the Town;
- Harmonize development of the Town infrastructure and identify areas where strategic intervention is required;
- Ensure cleanliness and provision of other service to Town residents;
- Maintain a comprehensive database and information system of the Town administration
- Prepare and submit regular reports and the Town annual budget estimates;
- Develop and monitor performance management systems for Town services;
- Maintain sound positive public relations between the Town, its citizens and other stakeholders; and
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned.
How to Apply
- Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Candidates
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday, 22nd March, 2022
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.