Laboratory Technologist Internship, Latest Internships Kenya 2022,
Work Environment:Diagnostic Laboratory environment.
Essential:Evidence of Hepatitis B Vaccination
Terms of Engagement: 9 months internship non-renewable
Kisumu Specialists Hospital is recruiting the position above to participate in a variety of complex technical tasks in the performance of laboratory tests
Job Summary: Implementation of the quality management system by complying with established quality manuals and policies in operation of the laboratory
- Under full time supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the incumbent shall:
- Implement laboratory standard operating procedures to ensure daily activities in the laboratory are efficient and effective
- Implementation of the quality management system by complying with established quality manuals and policies.
- Implement and ensure biosafety and biosecurity procedures are adhered to within the facility laboratories
- Maintain inventory for reagents and consumables as well as prepare laboratory reagents to ensure smooth running of laboratory activities
- Collection, sorting, identification and processing of laboratory samples for final quality results
- Perform laboratory equipment validations, verification, calibration and quality controls processes as necessary for the provision of accurate reliable laboratory results
- Performing routine and specialized laboratory tests.
- Ensure laboratory waste are weighed and decontaminated before disposal
- Identification and addressing of complaints, non-conformances and corrective actions relating to their work area
- Must have completed diploma or undergraduate studies in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Should be registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board with updated licence.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving, training and team building abilities
- Good knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions in implementation of Quality Management systems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Training in ISO 15189:2012 standard is an additional advantage
How to Apply
Use the emails(s) below to apply
Nurse In-Charge Maternity: [email protected]
Resident Medical Officer: [email protected]
Laboratory Technologist Internships: [email protected]
Applicants should send their CVs with their contacts and a cover letter to emails below to reach us no later than :Friday 04th February 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KSH is an equal opportunity employer
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.