Corporation Secretary Job, Current Legal Jobs in Kenya 2021,
The holder will be the Institute’s legal advisor. The Role holder will devise and drive implementation of strategies that will promote and protect the Institute’s mandate as well as ensure legal compliance in the Institute. To: Oversee the Management & Administration of Council Affair; Lead Corporate Governance Affairs of the Institute; Execute Legal Strategy; provide Legal advice to the council management, and staff; Champion and ensure compliance to statutory obligation by institute.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of the institute’s strategy on Corporate Governance and Legal matters.
- Ensure that the corporate governance framework for the Institute is properly designed, implemented, and reviewed as need arises
- Responsible for engaging with and being the liaison for third-party corporate governance and legal service providers.
- Organise and coordinate the review of the Governance and legal frameworks including legislation, rules, regulations, and guidelines and propose amendments where need arises.
- Organise and coordinate the review of relevant aspects of state and public officer’s remuneration laws and offer appropriate advise.
- Ensure proper dissemination of the SPMA Act, PPADA regulations through coordination of stakeholder workshops and sensitization sessions to enhance compliance by stakeholders;
- Engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure the timely development and where necessary enactment of transparent and efficient laws, rules and regulations;
- Represent the Institute in all consultations pertaining to the enactment of laws touching on the Institute’s mandate;
- Develop, review and ensure continued compliance with transparent, clear and concise guidelines and procedures to guide timely development and implementation of the requisite legal reforms;
- Draft and/or review and interpret contracts, lease agreements and memoranda of understanding between the Institute and its suppliers and ensure the Institute’s interests are protected;
- Represent the Institute in proceedings before court, arbitral or quasi-judicial bodies;
- Advise the Institute on alternative dispute resolution options to settle or resolve legal disputes;
- Analyse and interpret the decisions of the court, arbitral and other quasi-judicial bodies to determine and advise the Institute on ramifications and appropriate action.
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for the Institute.
- Study the Constitution, the PPAD, SPMA and Regulations, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Analyse and identify legal risks and implications of all of the Institute’s transactions.
- Keep the Institute informed of developments in laws and regulations that potentially affect the Institute’s mandate.
- Develop and review relevant policies and procedures for the department and provide legal input in all other policies of the Institute;
- Develop, motivate and manage the performance of the team and ensure continuous alignment to the values of the Institute;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on legal matters of interest to the Institute.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Legal Committee of the Institute.
- Provide Secretarial services to the Institute’s Legal Committee.
- Develop and implement Legal policies, procedures and manuals to ensure improved efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Perform any other functions connected therewith or incidental thereto.
QUALIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University;
- A bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate;
- Other relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage;
- At least Ten (10) years proven work experience in legal matters,
- Prior experience with legislative drafting and legal research for purposes of legislation or regulation.
- Five (5) years experience in a leadership role
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- High level of attention to detail;
- Ability to identify learning interventions and drive self-development.
- Demonstrate managerial, leadership and professional competence in work performance and exhibit a thorough understanding of the Institute goals and policies in the legal context.
- He/she must be a person of high level of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player;
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment;
- Capacity to demonstrate strategic mind-set and innovation;
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence;
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards;
- Demonstrate ability to manage and lead high performing teams;
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines;
- Ability to work in a team modulated and collaborative environment;
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications;
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by the Institute.
How To Apply
All Application letters indicating role and reference number, together with Curriculum Vitae and relevant certificates should be sent online in PDF format addressed to the CEO KISM, vacancies[email protected] to reach him not later than Wednesday, 8th September 2021.
Kindly submit a filed KISM Job Application Form together with your application. The template form (Google Form) can be accessed using this link https://forms.gle/3XKchgoeJrgPLiLc9
KISM is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.