Pump Technician Job, Latest County Government Jobs In Kenya 2022, Latest Technical Kenyan Job Vacancies,
The Kisii County Government invites applications from suitable and qualified Kenyan Citizens to fill vacancies pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
- Carry out random checks on pumps to ensure proper functioning
- Carry out repairs on all pumps and prepare summary reports
- Assess and diagnose problems with broken down water supply systems including submersible electric & hand pumps, surface pumps, electrical pump controls, piping and pipe fittings, water treatment units and general borehole installations and give recommendations/ reports on their repair as per the ppm
- Ensure preventive maintenance completed in line with the departmental quality standards, in timely manner
- Should be able operate assemble and install valves and fittings at the pump room
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, PPR burn, brazing and welding
- Ensure any installed pump repairs are inspected and done properly
- Carry out or coordinate repairs on broken down water systems in the pump rooms and restore to working
- Attend to all Emergency and safety breakdowns
- Familiarize self with how to work with water pumps, Speed pumps (VFD), Pool pumps and filtration (multifilters), RO, UV and other electrical pumps control connections
- Carry out tank and pump inspections as needed
- Carry out scheduled and called-upon preventive service and maintenance
- Responsible for servicing fuel pumps and any other station repairs
- Carry out preventive maintenance of the station pumps
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Attending to pumps within set time limit to avoid time wastage
- Take part in the Maintenance team briefings daily
- Optimal communication and cooperation with all other technicians
- Perform any other duty which the supervisor may from time to time assign
- Be a Kenyan
- Diploma or Certificate/Trade test in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent certificate from a recognized institution in any discipline relating to Water, Civil or Electrical Engineering is the necessary educational requirement
- At least 3 years’ practical experience with installations and repairs on water pumps systems (electricals controls and pipework) especially for pools, speed pumps, borehole and surface water
- Excellent technical knowledge in water pump
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Good people relations and communication skills.
- Team player willing to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task between various briefs
NOTE: -Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply, clearly indicating the type of disability.
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly indicating the position applied for; whilst enclosed together with a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, so as to reach on or before 16th May, 2022 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to: –
The Ag. Board Secretary/C.E.O, Kisii County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 1848 -40200, KISII.
Hand delivery applications can be dropped at the Kisii County Public Service Board offices situated along Kisii-Kilgoris Road near the Kisii Cathedral Junction Road.
For More information please visit www.kisii.go.ke
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.