Deputy Head Teacher Job, Current Teaching Jobs,
Reporting to the Head Teacher, he will assist the head teacher in providing professional leadership, supervisory and administration support.
He/she should be highly competent, experienced, dynamic and motivated educational leader who will assist the Head of School in managing the activities of the school.
The duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to assisting the School Head in:
- Ensuring the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all.
- Building a strong and cohesive culture that is supported by effective systems and structures.
- Setting targets and goals for school staff through a participative process.
- Providing regular feedback to colleagues in a way that recognizes good practice and supports their progress against professional and performance management objectives.
- Conducting annual reviews based on standards of leadership, teaching and learning in specific areas of responsibility.
- Monitoring coverage of the syllabus, quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning outcomes.
- Ensuring teachers and support staff have all necessary working resources required in undertaking their responsibilities.
- Providing leadership in guiding the various co-curricular activities and school based events.
- Working closely with senior school management to achieve high levels of team spirit and synergy.
- Handling behavior rectification matters to develop unique, courteous, respectful individuals.
- Building effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders.
- Managing school operations in the absence of the School Head.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of degree or Diploma in Education (P1) or equivalent qualification
- Must have a proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, pupil assessment and staff development.
- Experience as a Deputy Head Teacher for at least 3 years.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers and learners.
- A self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
- The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures.
- Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively and independently.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Registered with Teacher Service Commission (TSC) or other equivalent foreign organization.
- Professional Development Qualifications in International Curricula is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Send application letter and CV to [email protected] not later than 20th February, 2021. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
KISC is an equal opportunity employer.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.