Videographer County Governments Jobs at Kirinyaga
JOB GROUP ‘J’
JOB REF: KCPSB/VG/K/09/23/10/17
Duties for the Videographer Job
The Photographer/Videographer will be responsible for the following:
- Scheduling and setting up photo shoots;
- Capturing photos during government functions;
- Editing photos into usable clips and multimedia products for web and social media platforms;
- Maintaining the equipment (cameras and lighting system);
- Compiling and maintaining a photo album and archive and image processing;
- Seeking out appropriate and captivating photographic subjects and opportunities;
- Planning, directing, organizing and shooting of videos of government events, projects and
- Video editing;
- Filming, importing footage, logging, editing and building DVDs;
- Uploading videos and adding subtitles to videos on the government website and social media
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director.
Videographer Job Requirements
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of at least a Diploma in Photography, Film/Video Production (Camera option), Journalism or Mass Communication from a recognized institution in Kenya.
- Evidence of portfolio showing diverse topics photographed.
- Strong experience of a wide range of location photography.
- Experience of all major photo editing software packages.
- Be proficient in video camera operation.
- Have experience in video making and editing and use of video editing software such as Final Cut,
Avid and others.
- Familiarity with web video editing and publishing tools.Familiarity with web video editing and
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and
- Be computer literate.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic and Professional certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport and
- Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office
of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the Friday, 3rd November 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Youth with reasonable experience will be considered.
The Salary and benefits attached to this post may be subject to review as would be advised by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website: www.kirinyaga.go.ke/resource-centre/job-opportunities for more details
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.