Principal Communications Officer Job, Communications Kenyan Jobs March 2022,
The purpose of this job is to head the division, promote KIPPRA’s corporate brand and image and communicate the Institute’s policy research output and capacity building programs; implement the communication policy and strategy; coordinate media, publicity and Institutional events; oversee customer care services and coordinate website content and updates.
Duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining public affairs and communications strategies;
- Responding to and managing negative publicity of the Institute in consultation Executive Director;
- Leading the communications team to develop, implement and maintain a strong KIPPRA image and brand;
- Supervising and assigning duties to the staff in the department;
- Developing and implementing annual work plans, budgets and reports;
- Overseeing capacity building for staff on communication;
- Developing communication messages to ensure KIPPRA’s visibility;
- Responding to media queries and public relations;
- Drafting official speeches and documents;
- Ensuring the KIPPRA website is regularly updated;
- Designing, developing, and producing the KIPPRA Policy Monitor (internal newsletter);
- Making presentations on KIPPRA during internal and external stakeholder meetings;
- Managing all KIPPRA internal and external communications;
- Overseeing the branding of the Institute;
- Ensuring the KIPPRA social media platforms are regularly updated;
- Drafting news alerts and send to relevant stakeholders;
- Liaising with the media in the dissemination of KIPPRA’s research output and visibility;
- Organizing KIPPRA events;
- Drafting press releases and inviting media to cover KIPPRA events;
- Compiling relevant news items daily from various sources and send to KIPPRA staff
- Updating the KIPPRA mailing list by providing new contacts to Ensure efficient communication with all KIPPRA stakeholders.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Communication, Public Relations or related field or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Minimum of six (6) years’s relevant work experience;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results;
- Computer Skills in corporate communication tools e.g., web, social media, and print media.
- Fulfill the requirements for Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
How to Apply
If you are interested, possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly send your filled application form; cover letter; curriculum vitae, and certificates quoting the job title and reference as subject matter to the email below, on or before 12 April 2022 by 5:00 pm.
Email address: [email protected]
Hand-delivered applications should be submitted at Josim Instantaneous Consultium Limited Offices Located at Bazaar Plaza, Moi Avenue, Nairobi Fourth Floor Room No. D2
The public is notified of the following:
- All applications MUST be received on or before 12 April 2022 by 5:00 pm.
- KIPPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability, females, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply
- There are NO fees charged by KIPPRA for any application of these positions
- Canvassing for any of these positions will result in disqualification of the candidate
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to avail the following documents during the interview:
- Original academic certificates
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from Criminal Investigation Department
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti–Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Evidence of publications where required
- Recommendation letter (s)
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.