Kindergarten Teacher Jobs at Oakridge Academy
OakRidge Academy is a private primary school located in Mathira West in Nyeri County. It was established in 2014 and has grown its population one class at a time upto Class 4 now. The school follows the 8-4-4 system of education and aims at being the model school in the area.
The Academy wishes to recruit a highly motivated and results-oriented individual to fill the position of Kindergarten Teacher (3 posts).
The role holder will be responsible for fostering the intellectual and social development of children in the first phase of their elementary school experience.
The role holder also provides the tools and the environment for learners to develop into responsible adults and possibly move on to higher education.
You will be required to participate in, and lead where appropriate, extra-curricular programmes in the school and assist in planning and organising of school events and functions.
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan;
- Develop scheme of work and lesson plans in line with the school curriculum
- Teach alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social and emotional skills;
- Prepare teaching aids to facilitate children learning
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Schedule stimulating and learning activities that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children
- Devise games and activities, and also provide playing equipment, and ensure the playing facilities and equipment are clean and safe
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing; and supervise them as they learn and play
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among learners.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide pupils in learning from those activities.
- Assist in bus embarking and disembarking
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
Requirements for the Kindergarten Teachers Job
- A qualified teacher with an ECDE diploma [Montessori / KHA added advantage]
- More than 2 years experience teaching early learners and exposure to Montessori learning
- Must be licensed by the TSC [evidence of processing registration acceptable]
- A strong, demonstrated passion for education and young children
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities
- Teaching and organisation skills
- Patience, flexibility and a team player mentality
- Strong classroom management skills.
- An understanding of and passion for inquiry based, learner-centered learning.
- Immediate availability
How to Apply
If the above describes you, send your application and CV to [email protected] with the subject reference being KG Teacher – [your name]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.