GENERAL MANAGER FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION – G2 (1) POST Ref.KICC/GM F & A/2017
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable person and invites applications for the above post. Job Description The Kenyatta International Convention Centre is established as a State Corporation under the Tourism Act 2011 to discharge the following mandates:
1. Organize and host meetings and provide incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre.
2. Develop and implement National Meetings, Incentives for Conferences and Exhibitions, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
3. Market the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board.
4. Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the objectives and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
Responsibilities for the General Manager Finance & Admin Job
- The GM, Finance & Administration reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for developing and executing the Finance and Administration functions.
- Provide strategic direction to support KICC’s corporate strategy and act as custodian of financial plans and resources.
- Co-ordinate, supervise, control and evaluate the financial and accounting activities within KICC.
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation of Finance strategy and Annual Work Nan (AWP) and ensure that performance targets are set and achieved.
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to the Finance team.
- Coordinate the auditing of KICC’s financial statements by auditors, respond to audit queries and ensure implementation of recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on overall performance of KICC Develop, implement and review policies, strategies and systems regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions to ensure that KICC has optimal competencies and capabilities.
- Develop, implement and review administration policies, strategies and systems to ensure delivery of quality services to customers and minimize risks in line with the Government guidelines.
- Co-ordinate and implement the overall function of managing organizational funds, while upholding good financial practices based on international standards. Align the operations of KICC with appropriate technological operations.
- Provide financial advice to the management and Board of Directors. Be conversant with all Acts, regulations and procedures that are relevant including the Tourism Act
Requirements for the General Manager Finance & Admin Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounting) or Business Administration, or related fields Must be a Certified Public Accountant — CPAK and/or ACCA or equivalent Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or its equivalent At least eight (8) years of experience, three (3) years served at senior management level Master’s Degree in Management, Finance or Business Administration or related field would be an added advantage
- IT skills Communication skills Management, leadership and organizational skills Strong interpersonal skills and team player Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
1.0ne-page statement on how you meet the requirements for the post.
2. Indication of current salary.
3. Professional certificates and testimonials.
The candidate must also attach all of the following clearances: EACC clearance Valid certificate of good conduct HELB clearance certificate Valid KRA compliance itax certificate. Clearance from a reputable credit reference bureau Please note those who applied for this position in the previous advertisement Ref.KICC/GM/2017 will need to reapply
Applications should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope dearly marked “Ref. KICC/ GM F /2017” not later than 27th July, 2017 to: The Chief Executive Officer Kenyatta International Convention Centre P.O. Box 30746-00100 Nairobi
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.